Talk:King Dedede (SSB4)
No Waddle Dees
Sakurai has not shown any Waddle Dee attacks yet. That means that there's not any. That means Waddle Dee (bandana) is a playable Character! —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 13:18, January 21, 2014
New Final Smash
- Interesting. The move's name is given as "デデバースト", or "Dedeburst". I can't deal with kana sentences from image sources so the rest is out of my league.
- That said, this is a single image of no reputable source (claiming that Dedede has a new Final Smash), so it can't really be included in the page without matching evidence from elsewhere. Toomai Glittershine The Trumpeteer 09:47, 5 September 2014 (EDT)
- Well thanks for confirming the name. Hopefully we'll get some more sources in time. Guybrush20X6 (talk) 14:18, 5 September 2014 (EDT)
- The source seems to be something called the Smash Bros. 3DS Guidebook: http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2014/09/05/80255.html 220.127.116.11 14:47, 5 September 2014 (EDT)
quakebox on f-smash?
I can't confirm this to the degree that I could just put it straight in the page, i.e. I don't have video proof, but it seems to me (from playing the game) that his f-smash now has a quakebox (like Donkey Kong's hand slap) in front of where the hammer head comes down. Can anyone else confirm this?18.104.22.168 00:43, 6 October 2014 (EDT)
Jet Hammer ignores Counters?
- Discussion pages are not the place for opinions, they're for improving the main page. Please create a Forum topic for these kinds of things next time. Nyargleblargle (Talk) 06:18, 6 May 2015 (EDT)
- As a matter of fact, we have a policy on this: SW:TALK. Nyargleblargle (Talk) 06:24, 6 May 2015 (EDT)
- Um, I'm asking if that feature is actually real or not. I'm not necessarily just merely expressing my opinion. Shadow (talk) 14:29, 6 May 2015 (EDT)
To all D3 players
We are going to have to be more vocal about buffs. Dedede is near useless, having the potential to be the worst character in the game, but we overrate him, so he gets nothing. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 18:09 10 August 2015 (EDT)
- First, please sign your comments with four tildas (~). Second, this isn't the place for this kind of discussion. Please review SW:TALK. Nyargleblargle (Talk) 18:12, 10 August 2015 (EDT)
First, will do. Second, I just feel I need to get this out. If you can tell me how to delete a discussion, I'll be happy. 126.96.36.199 18:21, 10 August 2015 (EDT)
For those complaining about the stance of the Changes from Brawl.
It's about as neutral as you can get. I hope I don't come out as arrogant, but Dedede IS honestly THAT bad. 188.8.131.52 18:49, 13 August 2015 (EDT)
- Nah. You're coming off as arrogant, and you can list strengths/weaknesses buffs/nerfs from Brawl with neutrality...lol Aardvarkian (talk) 20:57, 13 August 2015 (EDT)
Sorry lol, I'm just tired of people writing off Dedede as midtier despite his complete lack of a neutral and punish game and no defense against projectiles. Dabuz and Omega Tyrant have shown me the worst in Dedede. I just needed to vent, and I know this isn't the place for that, I apologize. 184.108.40.206 21:32, 13 August 2015 (EDT)
Gordos should be buffed, but why did they even get nerfed?
So it always infuriated me, that gordos could be deflected so easily, barely any moves had less than 3% damage output, but apparently someone thought that this still was overpowered and lowered the treshold to 2%, after which Fox's blaster and Pit's nair are pretty much the only attacks that cannot deflect a gordo.
You also can't use it to counter projectiles, because firstly the gordo gets directly aimed at you and flies much faster when hit by a projectile and secondly many projectiles are not even stopped by gordos.
I once had my gordo clash with a Link's bomb, it came right back at me, but the bomb did not explode, it did not even change its direction, which is ridiculous, reflecting a huge spiky ball with a tiny bomb without even triggering it makes no sense at all.
Same with Bowser Jr.'s walking bombs, most of the time they simply ignore my gordo.
So while I always thought that 3% was ridiculous and it should have been at least 10%, can anybody tell me, why it had to be made even easier to reflect?
(Though they are still somewhat useful against characters without disjointed hitboxes, because with those attacking a gordo oftenly results in a trade)
220.127.116.11 05:31, 7 September 2015 (EDT)
- Talk pages should be about the article itself, not its subjects: this is a wiki, not a discussion forum. Please read SW:TALK for proper talk page usage. Thank you. --Menshay (talk) 06:19, 7 September 2015 (EDT)
dthrow-upair can KO...?
Playing some matches against L9 Ais, because I can't play online at the moment I somehow killed a Sheik with a down-throw-quick double jump-upair combo.
I tested this in training and got that it can kill a Jigglypuff in FD at around 80-90 and a Bowser at around 115-125. When executed perfectly(tested in 1/4speed) this is even a true combo. L9 AIs can normally DI well, can't they? So this seems to even be pretty reliable at those ranges.
Think this is worth mentioning? On stages with Platforms like Battlefield this may even be deadlier than Donkey Kong's aerial upthrow+upair.
18.104.22.168 15:59, 20 January 2016 (EST)