How do we know...
- I would say it's a given. The logic used to order characters in the earlier games is the kind of twisted thing only Sakurai would come up with. We don't know for sure of course, but it's the most likely by far. Toomai Glittershine The Altruistic 10:40, 30 December 2018 (EST)
Whether to include the numbers for echo fighters had they been numbered normally
- I don't see why it's worth mentioning as trivia either; it's not something interesting that doesn't have a place elsewhere. We all know where the fighters would be if Echoes weren't classified as Echoes (sharing numbers). Aidan, the Irish Rurouni 21:24, March 26, 2019 (EDT)
- ”We all”? I wouldn’t be too confident about that. There will likely be people in the future eho have no idea that Chrom was revealed before Dark Samus and King K. Rool because they aren’t numbered normally. I agree with you that it isn’t noteworthy enough for the top, but I don’t see how it can hurt as trivia. In fact, I think it would be helpful to those who don’t know, especially since we’re ordering characters by series then debut (i.e. Dark Samus after Ridley) Lou Cena (talk) 22:02, March 26, 2019 (EDT)
It’s good for trivia, since it is good to note the irregularities in the system and how it would be if they were numbered regularly. However, there is no need for a full table for it. Especially since Dark Pit is in a gray area for two reasons:
- He was teased after Palutena, but wasn't officially confirmed to be playable until after Smash 3DS came out
- Bowser Jr. is unlocked after him in 3DS but Ultimate treats Smash Wii U (where Bowser Jr. was a starter) as the definitive version. Thus, for all we know Dark Pit would've been numbered after Bowser Jr. if he had one. 220.127.116.11 16:27, February 14, 2020 (EST)
"DLC characters are ordered by when they released"
Isn't this the same as their reveal order anyway?