Echo of Roy, or Ike?
He is seen using some variation of both Flare Blade and Aether, and his Final Smash resembles Critical Hit. The official website calls him a Roy Echo, but he seems to be derived from both of them, and Echo fighters are supposed to have all of the same moves, just with like different stats or something, right? This is confusing.126.96.36.199 11:46, 8 August 2018 (EDT)Blueflame105
Tipper and Neutral Special
While Chrom’s effects indicate that there’s no sweet spot on his sword attacks, I don’t think that’s been officially confirmed yet. Also, in the introduction video, the Neutral Special looked like it was based on Flare Blade to me. Anyone have evidence to the contrary of either of those? Nyargleblargle (Contribs) 15:45, 8 August 2018 (EDT)
- Oh my god. I meant to call it Flare Blade not Eruption, I goofed. His neutral special is definitely based off Flare Blade though, and from the trail itself it does seem like he has no sweetspots. Just analysis so far. Can I add back the Flare Blade point cause of my goof? Mexi (talk) 15:52, 8 August 2018 (EDT)
Is it safe to assume Matthew Mercer is reprising his role for Ultimate?
Unlike Lucina, as far as I know Chrom's voice actor hasn't changed, and we heard his voice in his reveal video. Is it still the same as how he sounded in past Fire Emblem games? --BriefCasey795 (talk) 14:38, 10 August 2018 (EDT)
- It's confirmed. Also, new talk page sections go at the bottom of the page. Miles (talk) 15:03, 10 August 2018 (EDT)
- Also, Sakurai on Twitter re-tweeted this tweet, so I think it's safe to say that Sugita is reprising Chrom's Japanese voice as well. Miles (talk) 11:04, 11 August 2018 (EDT)
Chrom's neutral special sound effects
Chrom's neutral aerial
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ruben_dal/status/1130592615294857218 There is a new extra difference between Chrom and Roy. Chrom has set weight on Nair 1 like Marcina but Roy has it on Nair 2. I don't have editing privileges for this page so I'm noting it for someone who does. Rdrfc (talk) 10:09, May 25, 2019 (EDT)
Update history: Adjusted F-smash hitboxes to match Roy's
At some point, they fixed Chrom's forward smash hitbox to match Roy's, when previously he had different hitbox placement during the move. I don't know in what patch this was changed, but I thought I should at least make it known in hopes someone could find out and put it in the article.
To elaborate: Roy's F-smash has interpolated hitboxes covering some of the areas of the frames previous to where his sword currently was, but Chrom's F-smash hitboxes used to be exact to where his were (like the vast majority of characters), making it stand out as one of the few times Chrom's hitboxes weren't 1:1 with Roy's (including F-tilt). This is no longer true and Chrom's F-smash hitboxes now match those of Roy's.
Source for Chrom's hitboxes (as of version 6.0.0):
There are a ton of redundant trivia points that need to be purged
- Chrom is the only character who travels to Mario Circuit in Classic Mode.
- Chrom and Roy are tied for the fastest air speed of any human fighter, and the fourth fastest air speed overall.
Also, Chrom is not the first second/generation clone; Toon Link is. 188.8.131.52 23:01, February 28, 2020 (EST)