Shouldn't this be called Auto-canceling? All other pages with a similar name (such as Fast falling, L-canceling) are named in the performing tense, so there should be consistency. Toast ltimatum 20:31, 30 December 2011 (EST)
what is this article talking about? as far as i know, there are 5 kinds of cancels
1. no cancel, performing and aerial attack and landing (this is not a cancel)
2. l-cancelling, pressing l as you land while performing and aerial. (this halves the lag, or negates it completely in 64)
3. ledge cancelling, landing after using and aerial, and then falling off the ground you just landed on(this cancels all lag if done correctly)
4. IASA, certain moves can be interrupted by inputting another move before they end(like mewtwos dsmash)
5. hit cancel, being hit before an attack ends will cancel the attack animation(requires team attack or self damage)
what is auto cancelling? is this brawl exclusive? this page only has images of what it is NOT which is useless.
- Autocancelling is a way to cancel an aerial attack while landing without having to use any additional commands like with L-cancelling. It's possible in every smash game. Basically every aerial attack has "autocancel frames" which are usually the first few and last few, that cancel the lag of an aerial. Exceptions include DK's forward aerial in Melee and Brawl and Ganondorf's forward aerial in Brawl, which you can't autocancel (this is a programming error however, so it's unintentional). Scr7(talk · contribs) 14:27, 23 September 2013 (EDT)
What makes this a stub?
Hey, I was here to see if I could expand this article, but I don't see why its marked as a stub. It seems fine to me, but if you have an answer for me I'll get to work on it straight away. Link PWNS (talk) 20:41, 18 June 2014 (EDT)
So I just did a heavy rewrite of the prose of this page in order to eliminate ambiguity, improve readability, and generally make it less crummy and hard to follow. However, it'd be really swell to get more visual references for the page. Since SSB4 is now the incumbent game, it'd be great to have a .gif of a side-by-side comparison of a successful vs. unsuccessful auto-cancel in SSB4, similar to the Marth-from-Melee L-Cancelling comparison. It'd also be nice to get that Marth gif "expanded" (replaced, really) to include a "normal" landing in the middle of the attack. Brightcoat (talk) 12:10, 15 December 2014 (EST)
Sm4sh DK/Ganon F-Air
- Honestly at this point, anything they don't patch is intentional. Serpent King 19:49, 1 December 2015 (EST)
- That doesn't mean it's intentional, not every single issue gets noticed and fixed immediately, or else we wouldn't have gotten more than one patch fixing such issues. And there are still many obvious issues in the game that certainly weren't intentional yet haven't been fixed. Omega Tyrant 20:22, 1 December 2015 (EST)