Multi-Man mode (組み手 Kumi-te, Paired Karate Form) is a single-player mode which appears in Super Smash Bros. Melee (as Multi-Man Melee) and Super Smash Bros. Brawl (as Multi-Man Brawl). Both challenge the player to defeat as many opponents as possible, under various pretenses, before falling from the stage or self-destructing, themselves. The opponents vary between both games, where Melee challenges the player to defeat Fighting Wire Frames and Brawl challenges the player to defeat Fighting Alloys. In Brawl, it is possible to play Multi-Man Brawls with up to two players with or without Wi-Fi Connection.
 List of Multi-Man Melees and Brawls
- 10-Man Melee and Brawl, which challenges the player to defeat ten opponents. This is the shortest of all Multi-Man Melees and Multi-Man Brawls, usually taking between 10 and 20 seconds to complete for an amateur player, though world records are all within roughly 6 and 7 seconds.
- 100-Man Melee and Brawl, which challenges the player to defeat one hundred opponents. This usually takes a few minutes for players to clear, and can get quite difficult on higher difficulties. Clearing 100-Man Melee will give the player an opportunity to face Falco, where victory will result in unlocking the character. There are four challenges that relate to 100-Man Brawl.
- 3-Minute Melee and Brawl, which challenges the player to defeat as many opponents as possible within 3 minutes.
- 15-Minute Melee and Brawl, which challenges the player to defeat as many opponents as possible within 15 minutes. This is arguably one of the more difficult Multi-Man Melees and Brawls, though simple strategies such as spamming a certain move or evading the opponents altogether will suffice. Clearing 15-Minute Melee will result in unlocking the Kongo Jungle stage, which originally appeared in Super Smash Bros., while clearing 15-Minute Brawl unlocks the Green Alloy Trophy
- Endless Melee and Brawl, which challenges the player to defeat as many opponents as possible before being knocked out, themselves. It has no time limit, nor does it have a knock-out limit, unlike other Multi-Man Melees and Multi-Man Brawls, and as such can go on for an infinite amount of time. Defeating 50 and 100 enemies in Endless Brawl unlock the Mach Rider (Melee) CD and Yellow Alloy Trophy respectively.
- Cruel Melee and Brawl, which challenges the player to defeat as many opponents, with high handicaps and increased aggressiveness, as possible before being knocked out, their self. It is unarguably the most challenging Multi-Man Melees or Brawl, as the opponents faced are immensely harder than those who appear in the other modes. Defeating five opponents in Cruel Melee will result in unlocking the Mr. Resetti trophy. Defeating five opponents in Cruel Brawl will result in unlocking a trophy depicting the Red Alloy. Lastly, defeating ten opponents in Cruel Brawl will result in unlocking a sticker depicting Liquid Snake.
 Items that don't appear in Multi-Man Brawl
- Smash Ball
- Golden Hammer
- Heart Capsule
- Maximum Tomato
- Party Ball
 Other Multi-Man scenarios
- The first part of the Battlefield stage in Melee's Adventure Mode is a match against fifteen Fighting Wire Frames.
- The Melee Event Match Legendary Pokémon is also sometimes dubbed a Multi-Man Melee, due to the goal of defeating several Fighting Wire Frames.
- Stage 11 of the 1P mode of Super Smash Bros. pits the player against a Fighting Polygon Team of 30; while the game existed prior to the "Multi-Man" moniker, the term is applied retroactively to this scenario due to the similarity between the two modes.
- In Multi-Man Brawl, there can be up to 7 characters playing at a time. This is unobtainable in any other mode.
- During Multi-Man Brawl, whenever the KO count reaches a multiple of 25 (i.e. 25, 50, 75, etc...), a normal character is spawned instead of an Alloy.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl menu items
|Group||Brawl (Time · Stock · Coin Battle · Team Battle) · Rules · Special Brawl · Rotation · Tourney · Names|
|Solo||Classic · All-Star · Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary · Events · Stadium (Target Smash! · Home-Run Contest · Multi-Man Brawl · Boss Battles) · Training|
|Wi-Fi||Spectator Mode · With Anyone · With Friends|
|Vault||Trophies & Stickers (Trophy Gallery · Trophy Hoard · Coin Launcher · Sticker Album · Sticker Center) · Stage Builder · Album · Challenges · Replays · Masterpieces · Chronicle|
|Options||Screen · Deflicker · Rumble · Controls · Sound · My Music · Erase Data|
|Data||Movies · Records (Group Records · Brawl Records · Notices) · Sound Test|