Sound Test is an option that appears in the Super Smash Bros. games.
- In Super Smash Bros., one can unlock the Sound Test by completing Break the Targets and Board the Platforms with all 12 characters.
- In Super Smash Bros. Melee, the Sound Test is unlocked by unlocking all playable stages.
- In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the Sound Test is available without unlocking, though songs and sounds remain hidden until their source character, stage, or CD is unlocked.
The Sound Test allows the player to listen to most of the music and sounds in the game. Players can listen to the voices of characters, stage music, and listen to other variety of sounds. In Super Smash Bros. and Melee, the Sound Test can be accessed through Data Mode; in Brawl, it can be accessed through either Data or Option Mode.
Some pieces of music are unavailable in the Sound Test for unknown reasons; this includes the Fighter Select music in SSB, the Giga Bowser music in Melee, and the Cruel Brawl theme along with the winter version of Obstacle Course in Brawl.
- The sound test in SSBM has many unused sounds. For example, the announcer says "Master Hand", "Giga Koopa/Giga Bowser", and "Fighting Wire Frames", as if they would have been playable, or as if he would have said their name at a time during the game; likely, they were meant for Classic Mode or a similar mode.
- Crazy Hand's sounds are located within the Master Hand section, all except the sound heard when the player KOs him.
- Some characters have the sounds in their sound tests used by other characters. Luigi and Dr. Mario have sounds used only by Mario, and Ganondorf has the bird shriek heard when Captain Falcon performs the Falcon Punch, and in turn, the sound effect of the Warlock Punch is heard only in the Universal Sounds section.
- In SSBM, the last song that the player listened to (with the exception of songs that don't loop, such as "Opening" and "Ending") will play in the "Gallery" mode of the "Trophies" submenu.
- In SSB, the announcer says "Bonus Stage," suggesting that the announcer didn't have separate voice clips for Break the Targets, Board the Platforms, and Race to the Finish.
 See also
Super Smash Bros. Brawl menu items
|Group||Brawl (Time · Stock · Coin Battle · Team Battle) · Rules · Special Brawl · Rotation · Tourney · Names|
|Solo||Classic · All-Star · Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary · Events · Stadium (Target Smash! · Home-Run Contest · Multi-Man Brawl · Boss Battles) · Training|
|Wi-Fi||Spectator Mode · With Anyone · With Friends|
|Vault||Trophies & Stickers (Trophy Gallery · Trophy Hoard · Coin Launcher · Sticker Album · Sticker Center) · Stage Builder · Album · Challenges · Replays · Masterpieces · Chronicle|
|Options||Screen · Deflicker · Rumble · Controls · Sound · My Music · Erase Data|
|Data||Movies · Records (Group Records · Brawl Records · Notices) · Sound Test|