Target Smash! (ターゲットをこわせ!! Tāgetto o Kowase!!, Destroy the Targets!!), known as Break the Targets! or Bonus 1 in Super Smash Bros. and Target Test in Melee, is a mini-game appearing in all three installments of the Super Smash Bros. series. The goal of the game is to smash 10 targets as quickly as possible.
The game records the lowest time taken to smash all ten targets. If a character has never smashed all the targets, the game will also record how many targets were smashed in that time. There is also a total time that is kept that includes the cumulative time taken to clear every character's stage. The total time only appears after all characters have cleared their stage.
 Break the Targets! (Super Smash Bros.)
Each character in SSB has their own target test. Some target test areas resemble the "construction yard" theme from the original Donkey Kong, while others use light-coloured blocks and some are mostly grey metal. All target tests utilize the unique abilities of their character. For example, Mario's requires him to use his Fireball to break at least one target.
- Captain Falcon's target test has a section in the lower right where he can pass through the wall. 
- Repeatedly pausing and unpausing the game can "jam" the timer and allow the player to move the character without the timer displaying any time as having passed. If done perfectly, the player gains up to two frames to input commands between pauses. 
- Breaking the last target at the exact moment that the character passes a blast line will result in both the "Complete" and "Failure" graphics displaying on screen. The time for the target test is still recorded when the player hovers over the character's icon on the target test character select screen. 
- Luigi - Clear Break the Targets! with all 8 normal characters.
 Target Test (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
In Melee, like SSB, every character has their own Target Test. Their target tests often require use of character specific techniques, such as Ness requiring to use his PK Thunder for some. Often each character's target test references locations in their own series, such as the Ice Climbers' target test looking much like the levels in their game, and Mario's target test, which resembles the setting of Donkey Kong. Some stages even include images, symbols, or other characters from the character's game (such as the Triforce appearing in Zelda/Sheik's stage and the Condor at the top of the Ice Climbers' stage).
- Mr. Game & Watch - Clear Target Test with every character (other than Mr. Game & Watch).
- Dream Land stage - Clear Target Test with every character.
- Target trophy - Clear Target Test with every character.
- Lon Lon Milk trophy - Clear every character's Target Test with a total time less than 25:00 (average of one minute per character).
- Sheriff trophy - Clear every character's Target Test with a total time less than 12:30 (average of 30 seconds per character).
 Target Smash!! (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
In Brawl, instead of each character having one Target Test, there are 5 target smash levels, each with varying difficulty. The easier ones have larger targets while the harder ones have smaller targets. Also, the targets' color varies on the difficulty, matching the difficulty color.
In Brawl, one can also save replays of their attempts. Additionally, items have now been incorporated into the mini-game. Co-op mode is also available.
 Level 1
This is a simple course, with very large targets, all near each other. It appears to be set in the Lake.
 Level 2
This is somewhat more complex. There are various high cliffs that have Targets at the top. There are also items scattered around the stage. It appears to be set in the Plain.
 Level 3
 Level 4
This level is icy, causing players to slip. Most of the targets move, often requiring perfect timing to complete fast enough. There is one non-moving target that is very difficult to get, located at the bottom right of the stage, and for some characters, it has to be gotten last. This stage has no items. It appears to be set in the Glacial Peak.
 Level 5
This is the final target smash level. It has small targets, spikes, springs, items, and moving platforms. It appears to be set in the Ruins.
All of the challenges associated with Target Smash!! can be broken by a Golden Hammer.
- Lucario - Clear Target Smash!! on levels 1-5 with one character.
- Mr. Game & Watch - Clear Target Smash!! with 30 characters.
- Apples Trophy - Clear Target Smash!! level 1.
- Stafy Trophy - Clear Target Smash!! on level 1 with 10 characters.
- Super Scope Trophy - Clear Target Smash!! level 1 with all characters.
- Palutena's Bow Trophy - Clear Target Smash!! level 1 in under 15 seconds.
- Peanut Popgun Trophy - Clear Target Smash!! level 2.
- Pellets Trophy - Clear Target Smash!! level 2 with 10 characters.
- Blast Box Trophy - Clear Target Smash!! level 2 with all characters.
- Excite Truck Music - Clear Target Smash!! level 2 in under 19 seconds.
- Wario Bike Trophy - Clear Target Smash!! level 3.
- Ashnard Trophy - Clear Target Smash!! level 3 with 10 characters.
- Silver the Hedgehog Trophy - Clear Target Smash!! level 3 with all characters.
- Ray MK III Trophy - Clear Target Smash!! level 3 in under 20 seconds.
- Rocketbarrel Pack Trophy - Clear Target Smash!! level 4.
- Musketeer Daltania Trophy - Clear Target Smash!! level 4 with 10 characters.
- King K. Rool Trophy - Clear Target Smash!! level 4 with all characters.
- Cardboard Box Trophy - Clear Target Smash!! level 4 in under 32 seconds.
- Title (3D Hot Rally) Music - Clear Target Smash!! level 5.
- Outset Link Trophy - Clear Target Smash!! level 5 with 10 characters.
- Grey Fox Trophy -Clear Target Smash!! level 5 with all characters.
- Combo Cannon Trophy - Clear Target Smash!! level 5 in under 30 seconds.
Riddling is a mini-game created by players, wherein the player attempts to break as many targets as possible before touching the ground. Exact rules vary, but the most commonly accepted rules are:
- The trial may begin from any point on the field.
- The player must jump before any other inputs are used.
- Wall jumping / clinging / grappling, and tether recovery are all permitted.
- Some moves that do not do damage or require a grab to affect foes oddly work in Target Smash!, including:
- Jigglypuff's Sing, which does no damage in matches;
- Captain Falcon's Falcon Dive and Ganondorf's Dark Dive, despite neither attack breaking Smash Balls.
- Wario's uncharged Wario Waft, though this move is not recommended due to the large amount of ending lag.
- Pit's Mirror Shield, which also does no damage in matches.
- When played from the Stadium menu, the timer runs even when the game is paused.
- In Melee, when playing as the Ice Climbers, only Popo or Nana (depending on the color) appear on the stage; their stage is also unique in that the music from Icicle Mountain always plays, instead of the default music.
- In Melee, an early Target Test stage for Sheik can be accessed though the Debug Menu. The remnants of the stage, however, consist only of a grey platform and three targets placed to form a triangle.
- Mr. Game & Watch's Target Test in Melee is the only Target Test to take place in a normal stage (Flat Zone).
- In Melee, Young Link's Target Test is the only Target Test where use of the Wall Jump mechanic is required in order to complete it.
Super Smash Bros. universe
|Fighting Polygon Team · Fighting Wire Frames · Fighting Alloy Team · Giga Bowser · Sandbag|
|Master Hand · Crazy Hand · Galleom · Duon · Tabuu|
|Stages||SSB: Battlefield · Final Destination|
SSBM: Battlefield · Final Destination
SSBB: Battlefield · Final Destination
|Items||Barrel · Beam Sword · Capsule · Crate · Fan · Home-Run Bat · Motion-Sensor Bomb · Ray Gun|
SSB: Bumper · Egg
SSBM: Egg · Flipper · Food · Party Ball
SSBB: Assist Trophy · Bumper · Cracker Launcher · Food · Gooey Bomb · Party Ball · Sandbag · Rolling Crate · Smash Ball · Smoke Ball · Team Healer
|Trophies||in Melee · in Brawl · in Brawl (SSE)|
|Music||Super Smash Bros. Brawl series · Super Smash Bros. series in Brawl|
Super Smash Bros. Brawl menu items
|Group||Brawl (Time · Stock · Coin Battle · Team Battle) · Rules · Special Brawl · Rotation · Tourney · Names|
|Solo||Classic · All-Star · Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary · Events · Stadium (Target Smash! · Home-Run Contest · Multi-Man Brawl · Boss Battles) · Training|
|Wi-Fi||Spectator Mode · With Anyone · With Friends|
|Vault||Trophies & Stickers (Trophy Gallery · Trophy Hoard · Coin Launcher · Sticker Album · Sticker Center) · Stage Builder · Album · Challenges · Replays · Masterpieces · Chronicle|
|Options||Screen · Deflicker · Rumble · Controls · Sound · My Music · Erase Data|
|Data||Movies · Records (Group Records · Brawl Records · Notices) · Sound Test|