From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki
The My Music stage selection screen in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
- Not to be confused with the alternate music available in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.
My Music (オレ曲セレクト, I Select the Music) is an option in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U that allows the player to choose any music track from a particular universe for any stage and adjust the likeliness that track will appear in that stage when battled on. This concept is similar to holding L and R in Melee in certain stages, except that this mode can be done at any time, and there are more than two tracks for each stage (excluding the stage Hanenbow, which makes its own music with an ambient track as its backdrop). Several tracks can be unlocked for each stage, either through collecting CDs or meeting certain pre-set conditions.
Contrary to its appearance, setting a track's slider to its far left does not render the chances of that particular track playing to none; rather, it makes the chances of that particular track playing exceedingly small.
The My Music stage selection screen in Brawl
- The Castle / Boss Fortress (Super Mario World / SMB 3) music track was initially present on the Delfino Plaza stage as proven by a beta screenshot of this menu item in the Smash Bros. DOJO!!, but the developers moved it to the Luigi's Mansion stage for the finished product. The track was also called Castle Music / Fortress Boss in this screenshot.
- Originally in SSB4, Skyloft had Ocarina of Time Medley play, before being moved back to Bridge of Eldin.
- Also, two names were changed: "Ballad of the Goddess/Ghirahim's Theme" was originally just "Ballad of the Goddess", and "Saria's Song/Middle Boss Battle" was originally just "Saria's Song".
- In pre-release of SSB4, songs were labeled as "Arrangement" rather than "Remix".