Please when using this page, please limit the any inappropriate or vulgar speech.
This is the talk page, which other users use to leave messages for you. This information should be put on your user page, which has a tab at the top of the screen (should be red at the moment). Just a heads-up. Would've moved the info myself, but not sure if I'm allowed to do that. MarioGalaxyTalk 16:14, 30 January 2014 (EST)
Thanks for the heads up, I'll fix it right away. Smashdude10 16:22, 30 January 2014 (EST)
- This really isn't the point of a talk page. If you want to socialize like this, either go on the IRC or find another place to do it. MegaTron1XD 17:41, 1 February 2014 (EST)
I'm not using this talk page for socializing. I'm using it to get other peoples opinion about a certain subject. Smashdude10 17:55, 1 February 2014 (EST)
- This can be considered socializing as it is getting people to post on your talk page. Besides, it's better suited for the actual talk page (in this case Talk:Falcon Punch). Scr7(talk · contribs) 17:58, 1 February 2014 (EST)
I did that already. I put the same topic, lefted it alone for a few hours, and nobody responded. I put it here, and in just a few seconds someone responds. Smashdude10 18:06, 1 February 2014 (EST)
- Talk page responses usually take more than a few hours if it's just a small post that isn't part of a debate. But either way, the actual talk page is much more suited for use than the talk page of the user posting. Scr7(talk · contribs) 18:08, 1 February 2014 (EST)
Okay, I'll leave it on the Falcon punch page. By the way Megatron, It's not a good thing to say jokes about Chuck Norris, because Chuck Norris... isn't a joke. Yeahhh! Smashdude10 18:19, 1 February 2014 (EST)
Yes, Falcon Punch can be reversed in Melee through a B-reversal.~C_Mill24
Sign your talk posts
- I think his sig in preferences is just set to that text, without an automatic link. Though only he can confirm. Scr7(talk · contribs) 19:19, 1 February 2014 (EST)
- You gotta go to your preferences and edit your sig yourself . If your sig coding is so long that it can't FIT in the preferences (I've have that happen a couple of times), then you have to make a user subpage to put the sig in, and put it in the preferences. It's kinda complicated, and if you have to resort to making a subpage, make sure you preview your edits so we don't end up seeing it take up the recent changes feed. MarioGalaxyTalk 09:31, 4 February 2014 (EST)
Talk page "rules"
- Users should note that the use of profanity does not automatically constitute a personal attack.
- Removing another user's comment is typically never allowed.
Your current signature...
...is in violation of our guidelines on signatures. Per the policy, your signature must have a link to your userpage or your talk page; your current signature, as seen here and here, lacks links of any sort, thus making it more difficult and cumbersome for others to contact you.
- I'm not sure if this is the way it's suppose to look. What did I do wrong? <font color="yellow">Smash</font><font color="red">dude</font><font color="orange">10</font> (talk) 22:31, 28 April 2014 (EDT)
- The problem in the first place is that your signature completely lacks coding for links of any sort; all it had was the coding for the various colours. If you modify the coding for your signature, you have to make sure that you include a link to your userpage and/or user talkpage.
- In addition, right now, you seem to have unticked the box for "Treat signature as wikitext (without an automatic link)". This causes signatures to be treated as ordinary text, not unlike surrounding code with the <nowiki> tag. Even then, your Preferences page already has a built-in test function (just press save, it will show what your signature will look like); as a result, a "test message" is superfluous and useless.
- Outside of all this, please use colons (:) to indent your talkpage posts. It makes it easier for multiple users to collate their responses, should the opportunity present itself.
You said I need to add a link to my username, how would I type that? I've been having a hard time with that. <font color="yellow">Smash</font><font color="red">dude</font><font color="orange">10</font>[ (talk) 11:34, 29 April 2014 (EDT)
- Put this code in your signature with the checkbox that says it's wikicode on:
[[User:Smashdude10|<font color="yellow">Smash</font><font color="red">dude</font><font color="orange">10</font>]] ([[User talk:Smashdude10#top|talk]])