- 1 One of three?
- 2 Fuller Wario Render
- 3 Wario's Final Smash
- 4 Wario's classic outfit is confirmed to return.
- 5 Not unlocked by classic
- 6 English names for special moves
- 7 Characters with three recovery options
- 8 Shoulder Bash & Wario Land references
- 9 Wario buff/nerf consensus
- 10 So
- 11 What exactly was the Wario glitch that was just fixed?
- 12 Did they fix the Wario-man bug? Or am I getting the timing wrong?
One of three?
Page: "Consequently, this makes him one of three characters to be both a starter and unlockable, the other two being Captain Falcon and Ness."
And Toon Link. And Lucario. And Luigi. And Sonic. --18.104.22.168 17:24, 11 September 2014 (EDT)
- And, oh yeah, Marth. --22.214.171.124 17:25, 11 September 2014 (EDT)
Fuller Wario Render
I've found a better Wario render, similar to Doctor Mario's. I would update the picture myself, but I don't have an account.
Wario's Final Smash
His Final Smash didn't changed, it's Wario-Man.
Wario's classic outfit is confirmed to return.
You can still select Wario in his classic outfit.
- Would it be worth mentioning that Wario doesn't change poses for costumes in the "Changes from Brawl" section? Aidan the Intermediate Gamer (talk) 19:55, 12 September 2014 (EDT)
Not unlocked by classic
- Yes, it's true, but it's not noteworthy. Aidan the Intermediate Gamer (talk) 23:33, 12 September 2014 (EDT)
- Actually, YouTuber Yoshiller unlocked Wario by playing Classic mode with Rosalina, although I'm not sure if that's the specific criteria. 126.96.36.199 00:53, 14 September 2014 (EDT)
English names for special moves
I know some english names for some of the special moves. Standards: 1: Chomp 2: Inhaling Chomp 3: Garlic Breath Side: 1: Wario Bike 2: Speeding bike 3: Burying Bike Up: 1:Corkscrew 2:Widescrew 3:Corkscrew Leap Down: 1:Wario Waft 2:Rose-Scented Waft 3:Quick Waft Cansteam (talk) 16:15, 11 October 2014 (EDT)
- I believe the second down special is Rose-Scented Waft, and the third is Quick Waft. I have the game right in front of me. Aidan the Gamer 16:17, 11 October 2014 (EDT)
Characters with three recovery options
In Wario's Trivia section, it noted three characters (being Wario, Luigi, and Mii Brawler) having three options apiece in aiding recovery. I found out Ryu, Zero Suit Samus, Marth, Lucina, and Mewtwo also fall under the same category. So my question is, with this many characters have this amount of options, is this still notable enough to include in the trivia section? 15DollarsWentSouth (talk) 01:50, 30 August 2015 (EDT)
- Oh man, I found out Peach has this property too... but my question still remains, of course. 15DollarsWentSouth (talk) 01:56, 30 August 2015 (EDT)
Shoulder Bash & Wario Land references
There was a piece of trivia put in that kind of bothers me... I think to say that the removal of his Shoulderbashing forward smash removes all references to Wario Land is unfair and inaccurate. In fact, if one examines Wario more closely, there are still quite a few references. Originally I was just going to erase it, but I wanted to formally bring this up in case someone strongly felt it should stay. If it's helpful, I have a list of plausible references to Wario's platforming games below:
• the expanding of Wario's fists and head in several of his attacks is most likely a reference to Wario World
• Wario's back throw in particular is most likely based on an attack from Wario World
• Chomp most likely comes from Wario World
• Waft: Wario is heavily associated with toilet humor in Japan, particularly for promotion of Wario Land 3
• several of Wario's taunts are based on his signature pose from Wario Land 3
• Wario's ability to crawl comes from Wario Land 4 and the animation reflects that
• Wario now holds opponents with one hand, just like in Wario Land
• Sleeping animation is based on animation in Wario land 2, most likely
• Wario's victory theme is the the Temple theme from Wario Land: Shake It!
- It doesn't matter how many there are, if there's even one that trivia point becomes untrue. ---Preceding unsigned comment added by a turkey! Or maybe DatNuttyKid. 22:03, 14 November 2015 (EST)
Wario buff/nerf consensus
This is a tough one. Although not at all unusual without an official tier list, we seem to be at an impasse for whether or not Wario has been nerfed or buffed in the transition between Brawl and Smash 4.
Being a Wario main since Brawl, I can agree that it has been a unique experience reacquainting myself with the big guy, thus, I too find it difficult to tell whether he's been buffed or nerfed overall. I'm not going to go into his list of buffs and nerfs, as they are fairly even and don't necessarily reflect representation, but at this point, based on the information that we have, I think it is fair to suggest that at this point it is very ambiguous to tell whether on not he has been buffed or nerfed. Wario seems to have a fair amount of success and representation in Japan and places very high on most unofficial tier lists under the general consensus that he has been buffed. In the west, he's received much less attention and thus, the general consensus seems to be that he has been nerfed.
I, myself am on the fence and until we see some more representation or see what changes are to come in the next patches, I would suggest that we leave his changes section as it is, stating that at this point, it is ambiguous to tell whether or not he has been buffed or nerfed, as he has received a fair amount of both. I'm not sure that making a sweeping statement that he has been nerfed or buffed at this point, fairly represents the information that we have, nor is it an accurate representation how SmashWiki as a whole deals with conflicting opinions. Have A Rotten Day! (talk) 12:29, 23 November 2015 (EST)
You bring up good points to be sure, but just how high is Wario put on current tier lists? I think that Wario is nerfed because I keep in mind how good he was in Brawl. top 10 is a BIG deal. His playerbase in smash 4 is lacking, top players have dropped him, things seem to point to him being nerfed. Even if Wario is top 15 in smash 4, that's still a nerf (albeit a slight one) compared to how he was in Brawl. Hence why I opt to call him nerfed. Do any of those tier list put him at top 10? if not, he's should referred to as nerfed, however slight it may be.Nightgengale (talk) 23:15, 11 December 2015 (EST)
- First, sign with four tildes (~). Second, I personally think he was marginally nerfed because of the few nerfs he received being really big, such as his decreased mobility, slower attacks, and less effective aerials, even if he got faster ground movement, a better bike and recovery, faster attacks, and stronger attacks. I also see the tier drop as a factor, though not as much considering the larger cast and new border between the top and high tiers as opposed to the top 3 to everyone. To bring it back up, I think Wario has been marginally nerfed overall. Ganonmew, The Thankful Evil Clone 22:00, 23 November 2015 (EST)
I think that is the most difficult factor in all of this, because Wario has been at the #6 spot for a long time, which is a significant step up from his current #10 spot from Brawl and now fluctuates between 11-6 on the Japanese tier lists as of late. While I still think I prefer the Brawl incarnation with the quicker, more reliable moveset (why remove the Shoulder Bash???), it's interesting that he's stayed relatively consistent in Japan, given many characters have dropped and fallen substantially. I was initially convinced he had been nerfed until I heard his meta game was developing overseas. Outside of Reflex and a few others, he's scarcely represented in North America, so I'm curious to see if he's only fitted competitively for players who prefer a deceptive, patient, read heavy play style, which makes him significantly more difficult for most players who knew the old Wario (myself included) to master. I've noticed that many Japanese competitors exercise a very patient and defensive playstyle, which a character like Wario MUST excel at in order to secure a KO, which is not necessarily the case in Brawl. Regardless, while I personally find his Brawl persona to be more accessible and easier to master, I do believe that there is a playstyle to Sma4sh Wario that keeps him in the high tiers. So while I'm not sure that he's been universally nerfed, I think that he is MUCH more difficult to master in order to excel with him. Have A Rotten Day! (talk) 23:42, 23 November 2015 (EST)