Talk:Melee: SD Remix
Hopefully someone who understands technical data better than me can maybe fix what I put or make it sound better, or just add more in general since I left parts I didn't understand how to word out. For reference, click here if you need the change list. F0rZ3r0F0r 14:59, 12 April 2015 (EDT)
- Would also like to add that now, I've completed most parts but there are certain bits and pieces that need re-worded, need added, or need added in general (Pichu/Kirby). Refer to the changelist above as said before. I believe my work was a bit sloppy and rushed, but it got most of it down. Would also like to mention a big error I made, most of the time when I said "quicker", I meant the 'interruptible as soon as' frames were shorter. If this is fine, then leave it, otherwise I'll go through and fix it. F0rZ3r0F0r (talk) 22:22, 21 April 2015 (EDT)
Wait a minute...
I thought PM was the only gameplay hack we were planning on covering? This does not just apply here, what about the page on Brawl-, Brawl+, 20XX_Melee_Training_Hack_Pack, etc? Is it alright to cover it as long as we do not make pages for individual characters, stages, etc? And where is the line here? Do we cover the multiple fan-made hacks, or just the popular ones? Serpent King (talk) 15:05, 12 April 2015 (EDT)
- Single pages on major hacks are acceptable. Only PM got more than that and that required a lengthy voting process. Miles (talk) 16:22, 12 April 2015 (EDT)
- I see no reason to not add them, besides the fact that it could be tedious Poultry(talk) the God-Slayer 14:13, 29 June 2016 (EDT)
SD Remix's buffs have "sparked controversy"
I can't express my thoughts in an edit summary, so I'll just put it here.
It's unfair and conflicting to say that SD Remix has low recognition, but also to say that its buffs spark significant controversy that warrants mentioning. This is a clear example of recency bias that has arose from MagicScrumpy's videos. Scrumpy is really the only relevant person who has spoken out against SD Remix, and since his "Making [X] Viable" series took up that topic, people have been parroting his opinions and basically treating SD Remix as Project M, which is an inaccurate assumption to make (and in my opinion is extremely unfair to the SD Remix devs whose only real recognition now is that "Scrumpy said they can't balance"). So yeah, that doesn't belong on the page. Long explanation for a small change in the page, but felt like it was warranted. -- Yellow of the Grove 20:46, 11 September 2016 (EDT)
- Agreed. It's basically speaking from one perspective instead of multiple perspectives. Sure, some people don't like the changes they made, but it's not like Nintendo is even going to follow them anyway, as in the case of the other gameplay modifications. Also to add to the Scrumpy statement: They praise his opinions as power...? Wow. That's...kind of awkward. Also like the rewording you did on the article. --HillustrationM (talk) 06:56, 22 September 2016 (EDT)
...So do we really need to have changelogs for every character for this?
- Axe it, imo. We shouldn't be in the business of this kind of changelog for hacks/mods. (I still plan on re-introducing a proposal to reduce our PM coverage at some point.) Miles (talk) 01:07, 10 December 2016 (EST)
- I'd say put it on a subpage. There are still people who would like to know what exactly changed in the mod, even if it doesn't have a big following. I agree that having it on the main page is a bit much at this point. -- Yellow of the Grove 18:01, 10 December 2016 (EST)