- Merge. Simply an application of jab cancel. Mr. Anontalk 11:58, 30 September 2012 (EDT)
- Merge Agreed. Like the cleanup tag says, this article seems to be a bit tangenty as well. --RoyboyX Talk 11:59, 30 September 2012 (EDT)
- Merge I'm not familiar with these kinds of techniques, but as it seems, this'll have to be merged.--Starman125 (talk) 19:02, 3 October 2012 (EDT)
Oppose Don't you guys who want to merge everything actually read the article and what you're merging with? This is a SSB64 exclusive technique, with a lot of information that would be awkward to fit on the jab cancel article. Omega Tyrant 19:46, 3 October 2012 (EDT)
- The article itself is poorly written as it is; some information might belong in character articles, others can be merged with the Jab Cancel article (which admittedly is short on applications of the technique), while some may be too specific to be necessary for the wiki. This application being specific to SSB 64 is not really relavent, and does not change the fact that this is simply an application of a technique. Applications of techniques are best kept on the technique article itself, as was determined by the case of the wavelanding article. Mr. Anontalk 20:50, 3 October 2012 (EDT)
- "some information might belong in character articles" "others can be merged with the Jab Cancel article"
- All the information here is relevant to the article topic. Spreading it out everywhere when it all fits here is terrible organisation, while making a mess of those pages, and just being needless merging overall.
- "his application being specific to SSB 64 is not really relavent"
- Yes it is, Jab cancelling applies to all three games, whereas "Jab grab" only applies to SSB64. It's terrible form to mix information about a game exclusive technique with an article that has information on a different technique that's in all games. You're not fitting the information there.
- "does not change the fact that this is simply an application of a technique. Applications of techniques are best kept on the technique article itself, as was determined by the case of the wavelanding article."
- This is a strawman. "Wavelanding" is an extension of wavedashing, both of which occur in the same game, while having the same application. Jab grab is its own advanced technique that utilises jab cancelling, just in the way that SHFFLing is an advanced technique that utilises L-cancelling. Omega Tyrant 21:24, 3 October 2012 (EDT)
Jab Grabbing in Brawl?
- That sounds like a jab cancel, which is a different thing than the jab grab, even though they may seem like similar concepts. Scr7(talk · contribs) 11:49, 24 February 2014 (EST)