It's clearly not the final smash being used by an offscreen Olimar.
- The background does not have the black final smash fading at all. As we see here, final smashes still have this effect in Smash 4.
- The ship here is much smaller than the one in End of Day.
- Its description does not match its behavior in End of Day. One, Sakurai makes no mention of Olimar riding it to escape "wild beasts" that attack everyone, which is the primary part of the move. Secondly, Sakurai explicitly mentions that this one "comes down when you least expect", implying it coming down at random, when the final smash would always come down at the same time in the center of the stage.
- The Hocotate Ship in End of Day is supposed to be the ship itself, when the item here is explicitly a bomb "shaped like the ship".
- It's pretty easy to turn off screen tint if you want to take a picture. The ship could be a different size for balance reasons or whatever. And yes the description does match its behaviour, if one takes into account that what Sakurai says can be hyperbole. I don't think it's clear. Toomai Glittershine The Yoshi 23:28, 27 February 2014 (EST)
- "It's pretty easy to turn off screen tint if you want to take a picture. "
- Ok that's getting into ridiculousness, we never seen final smash pictures taken with the tint turned off and there's no reason to do so, especially when we already had a pic of day prior to this depicting a final smash and it's has everything that shows it's one. Additionally, if this was the final smash, why would he have an offscreen Olimar initiate it instead of the Olimar that is blatantly in the image?
- "And yes the description does match its behaviour, if one takes into account that what Sakurai says can be hyperbole."
- Even if that "when you least expect it" comment was hyperbole, it's still missing the whole "camera goes offscreen, and giant beasts attack everyone" aspect of the final smash, which is the main portion of it.
- Plus as said, "The Hocotate Ship in End of Day is supposed to be the ship itself, when the item here is explicitly a bomb "shaped like the ship"."
- There's so many things in it the image and Sakurai's comment that show it's not the final smash, and Sakurai has always explicitly mentioned when a final smash is a final smash. It's clearly not the final smash, and we shouldn't treat it like it "could be". Omega Tyrant 23:52, 27 February 2014 (EST)
Where did Sakurai say that this was an item? He simply said "bomb," not item. You guys all hate speculation, so you shouldn't say it's an item when we haven't had FULL confirmation yet. 22.214.171.124 20:00, 13 March 2014 (EDT)
hey wheres the evidence that its only on the wii u version?Adamthedorr (talk) 15:28, 15 September 2014 (EDT) In fact im changing it cuz of olimars final smash Adamthedorr (talk) 15:29, 15 September 2014 (EDT)