Talk:Fire Emblem (universe)
Are the character/game representation sections really necessary? They're unique to this universe page, and present a lot of clutter as a result of just saying "nonexistent" over and over. Wouldn't it be a better idea to just condense the relevant info into the "games with elements in Smash Bros." section at the bottom? Miles (talk) 11:02, 23 August 2013 (EDT)
Spoilers for FE:A
Just going to list a few points that address the Robin page and FE:A in general.
- Lucina is Chrom's daughter. This is probably well known by most people, and wasn't even that shocking of a reveal, considering the fighting style comment made by Chrom.
- FE:A is the only Nintendo game with a significant plot twist in recent history for each universe. The only other universe in the entire Smash Franchise that would have a very significant plot twist is Metal Gear and possibly EarthBound, but we all know that Porky is evil based on his boss appearance while the spoilers of Metal Gear go far beyond our scope.
- Adding on to this, you shouldn't use an argument about how no other characters mention spoiler content, as they have no significant spoiler content.
- Character pages should not cover the game plot. At best, they should cover the character's role in the story, but that's about it. Mentioning that Link tends to be the hero of Hyrule is acceptable, but talking about how he traveled Termina in search of masks to fix everyone's lives is getting into Zelda scope, rather than Smash Wiki scope.
My thoughts on the Robin page is that it definitely goes way too in depth with the character. The current game summary on the Robin page is still a bit too in-depth for my tastes, but it's definitely a lot better than before. MegaTron1XD 15:32, 17 July 2014 (EDT)
The article is very inconsistent with the naming of Japan-only Fire Emblems. To use FE6 as an example, the game is sometimes referred to as Fūin no Tsurugi, the game's Japanese name, while other mentions of the game call it The Binding Blade, the English name. For reference, the games are known as this in Japanese and English:
- Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi = Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light
- Gaiden = no change
- Monshō no Nazo = Mystery of the Emblem
- Seisen no Keifu = Genealogy of the Holy War
- Thracia 776 = no change
- Fūin no Tsurugi = Binding Blade
- Shin Monshō no Nazo: Hikari to Kage no Eiyū = New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadowfan name
Barring FE12, all names are official, as Awakening will testify. And FE1 is mentioned somewhere in Smash. I personally think the game titles should be only referred to the English equivalent, except when quoting from trophies and stickers. But what do you all think? Darrman (talk) 07:48, 26 December 2014 (EST)
Fire Emblem If?
I'm sure everyone is aware that Nintendo is currently working on the latest title in the Fire Emblem series. I was just wondering if it is OK to even mention it on the page.
I'm aware that there is currently no info at the moment (other than the trailer), but at least mention as soon as the year goes further and as more info becomes available (similar to ORAS being mentioned on the Pokemon page.) Hylia's Eye (talk) 20:43, 16 March 2015 (EDT)
- We do update the most recent title in every franchise on this wiki, but we wait until the game is released first. Once the game is released, go right ahead. But for now, FE14 (is that the number?) is not relevant to Super Smash Brothers.Phineas81707 (talk) 05:50, 17 March 2015 (EDT)
- It's actually the twelfth game overall, unless you count remakes. :P Hylia's Eye (talk) 20:12, 17 March 2015 (EDT)
Would it be less of a space-eater if we removed the N64 portion of the chart, since Fire Emblem wasn't represented at all in that game? Not saying the table is needed, but that would at least solve part of the problem. Nyargleblargle (Talk) 17:53, 27 August 2015 (EDT)
- Still a lot of red X marks for the Melee column and every FE game after FE6. Miles (talk) 18:03, 27 August 2015 (EDT)
Shouldn’t Lucina be placed before Robin, considering she was revealed beforehand, as well as the fact that her trophy is listed before Robin’s in SSB4?
I know Lucina was an unlockable clone while Robin was a starter, but she was revealed before he/she was. So aside from being an unlockable clone, why is she not listed before Robin? 126.96.36.199 17:43, 23 January 2019 (EST)
- I mean... not trying to sound rude but does it matter? We're just listing characters. SugarCookie420 (talk) 19:28, 23 January 2019 (EST)
- In the end, the order doesn’t truly matter. But it’s been bugging me for a month that Lucina is listed after Robin. It bugs me that Pichu and Young Link are listed after Mewtwo and Ganondorf, but at least there, they were considered in that order by their trophies. In smash 4, Lucina was revealed first, and her trophy is listed right between Robin and Ike’s. 188.8.131.52 00:40, 24 January 2019 (EST)
- The Wiki rosters (currently) appear to be based on the order of which their series was included into Smash, so it is probably because she is listed with the clone characters Dark Pit and Dr. Mario on the list rather than with her own series in Smash 4 and therefor listed after Robin despite being having been revealed first. Wolff (talk) 20:47, 23 January 2019 (EST)