So, Corrin. Interesting addition. Should we note that Corrin's the only DLC character that has a male and female variant? 15DollarsWentSouth 18:43, 15 December 2015 (EST)
- May as well. Serpent King 18:44, 15 December 2015 (EST)
There's a trivia point that dwells on Corrin's transformative nature in relation to dragons. It's an interesting factoid, but I feel it's pushing the boundaries of Smash Bros. trivia-this is something I feel should instead be noted on Fire Emblem's wiki, if there is one dedicated to the series. Should we keep it or remove it here? 15DollarsWentSouth 22:11, 15 December 2015 (EST)
Mistaken information on Corrin's wiki page regarding the order of his game appearance
At the bottom of the page, Corrin is credited to share a trait with Roy in that he's the second character in the series to star in a game before his own, but this information is false, as Fire Emblem Fates has already been released for months in Japan (and even got a fan-translation patch before the announcement). Roy is still the only playable Smash character to have this trait, as back when Melee came out in Japan on December 2000, his corresponding game was still not released in ANY region, unlike with Fire Emblem Fates and Corrin.
May someone correct this info on the main page in the future, as I believe an account is required for editing that in.
- Initially it was more specific on that to make sense. I'm not sure who changed it... Disaster Flare (talk) 18:25, 19 December 2015 (EST)
It's not mistaken. Read the current trivia point. Corrin is out before his debut game's intended releases. Binding Blade was intended to release only in Japan, but Fates is intended for a worldwide release. In both cases, both Roy and Corrin arrive in Smash before all of their debut game's intended release dates. Aardvarkian (Talk • Contributions) 19:26, 19 December 2015 (EST)
Mistaken information on Corrin's wiki page regarding universes (NVM, Info is correct)
In the Trivia section, it claims that the only other Fire Emblem character that is in the same universe as Corrin is Roy. Unless I am mistaken, this is false.
My justification contains spoilers for Fates, so tread carefully.
It has been confirmed that three of the characters from Fire Emblem Fates, Odin, Lazward and Luna, are in fact three characters from Awakening, Owain, Inigo and Severa respectively, who left Ylisse after the events of Awakening and gained high positions in Nohr. Unless the three characters jumped universes to appear in Fates (which I'm not positive of, I would doubt it though), that would make Awakening and Fates occur in the same universe, making this statement false, since Corrin would then also share a universe with Robin and Lucina. ChazzzyF (talk) 22:16, 20 December 2015 (EST)
- Uhhh I think you completely misunderstood. What the trivia point says is that Corrin and Roy are the only DLC characters in Super Smash Bros. from the same universe (a universe being effectively a series). It's not referring to Fire Emblem's alternate universes or Fire Emblem at all; it's referring to Smash Bros. DLC and the series/universes represented in Smash. ---Preceding unsigned comment added by SANTY CLAWS! Or maybe DatNuttyKid. 22:22, 20 December 2015 (EST)
Corrin (SSB4) Trivia?
I don't think it works quite like that. Furthermore, you forgot your signature. 15DollarsWentSouth 11:44, 17 January 2016 (EST)
Something to add to the Trivia section
- ...wait, what? How do you know this? ---Preceding unsigned comment added by you. Or maybe DatNuttyKid. 18:17, 1 February 2016 (EST)
I think what he's trying to say is how the announcer doesn't shout he's name like "CORRIN!". Instead he just says "Corrin.", like how a person who normally say a name. Even then, I don't think that's true, because I'm pretty sure he says Zelda's name like that as well. WolfBloodSpam (talk) 19:54, 1 February 2016 (EST)
Corrin's Side Smash
In SSB4, Corrin's side smash attack can deal damage while it charges. People have been saying Ness had this distinction first with his down smash, but which game was that in? 15DollarsWentSouth 22:18, 3 February 2016 (EST)
- No game, as I know of. Penro, the and main. 22:33, 3 February 2016 (EST)
- Alright, now I know. And knowing's half the battle! 15DollarsWentSouth 00:28, 4 February 2016 (EST)
Dragon Ascents true name
According to the character customization options, Corrin's up special is actually called Draconic Ascent. They probably changed it to avoid confusion with Rayquaza's signiture move introduced in Pokémon OR/AS. Could someone a little more skilled at this wiki than me go around and change all of the articles that mention Dragon Ascent to its proper name? Zm123bro (talk) 09:47, 4 February 2016 (EST)
- Way ahead of you. Aidan, the Wandering Space Warrior 09:50, 4 February 2016 (EST)
- Hold up. My PAL 3DS game says Dragon Ascent in the custom menu. Is this a regional difference or...? Zyrac(talk•contribs) 09:55, 4 February 2016 (EST)
This just got complicated.
When trying to get a picture of Corrin's dragon victory pose with his blue alt (because it looks like the equivalent of a Mega Dialga in my opinion), I caught one of the tips labeling the move as "Dragon Ascent". Sooooo... Aidan, the Wandering Space Warrior 10:29, 4 February 2016 (EST)
- I'm guessing that some time between his announcement and his release, they decided to change his up-special's name and forgot to make sure everything matched up. I feel we should stick to Draconic Ascent, tips seem more throwaway. Zm123bro (talk) 10:33, 4 February 2016 (EST)
- Essentially, yes. But because it's a different file name, that's why it's broken. Aidan, the Wandering Space Warrior 11:00, 5 February 2016 (EST)
Damn it; the thing submitted itself again.
Why aren't these trivia?
- Corrin third victory pose is the fastest victory pose in the game.
- Corrin leaves a puddle on the ground whenever he jumps.
- I disagree with the first one, but the second one seems good. I'll add it. Penro ...that's all. 15:03, 10 February 2016 (EST)
Corrin's Main Infobox Picture
- Yep, we're sticking with the official website art on this one. Blame whoever designed that site for making Robin different. Miles (talk) 12:25, 14 February 2016 (EST)
Probably the only one who notices, but...
A) Corrin glows whenever the match starts. B) Every time Corrin gets hit when he shields, he regains a portion of health.
Here's a video.
- Corrin may have equipment effects running. I have played the character, and can tell that neither occur normally. So no. Berrenta (talk) 14:51, 16 February 2016 (EST)
My Smash Corner via his Corrin/Kamui guide has noticed he has a very weird grab glitch when used on someone at the edge: https://youtu.be/DrViMjysaBQ?t=6m24s --SneaselSawashiro (talk) 22:10, 20 November 2016 (EST)
- That was back in March, and it's already since been patched. Disaster Flare (talk) 22:19, 20 November 2016 (EST)