Meta Knight (SSB4)/Up aerial
Meta Knight slashes above himself in an arc. With quick start-up, low ending lag, weak knockback, and deceptive reach, this move is an essential element of his meta game, as it is a centerpiece of his powerful combo ability. It combos reliably off of his dash attack, up tilt, down throw, and forward throw until mid-percents. From low- to mid-percents, it chains into itself and any other aerial, Mach Tornado, and Shuttle Loop. Meta Knight's most well-known combo involves chaining his up aerial into itself repeatedly, and finishing off with a high-altitude Shuttle Loop, KOing at roughly 60%. At higher percents, it can still lead into Shuttle Loop for a KO.
The move's speed gives it good utility against opponents shielding on platforms. Two up aerials followed by Mach Tornado will often result in a shield-poke.
- Hitboxes all moved 2 units upwards. This gives the move more range above Meta Knight but less range below him.
- Center hitbox y-position and y-stretch (17.0 → 19.0)
- Outer hitboxes y-position (17.0 → 19.0)
- Outer hitboxes y-stretch (14.0 → 16.0)
- Damage (5% → 4%). This hinders up aerial's KO potential but improves its combo potential at higher percents
- Center and front hitbox angle (78° → 69°)
- Back hitbox angle (60° → 52°)
- SDI multiplier (1.0x → 1.5x)