I have been working on a much needed update to the Notability policy that would effectively add notability guidelines for things other than just people. This includes tournaments, power rankings, and teams.
The draft can be viewed here. I believe it's pretty much complete, but if you notice anything that should probably be changed, feel free to explain in the comments.
- Support. This is a great proposal that pretty much cover most if not all for the notability guide. The only things I can think of are the Braacket for power rankings (which is rare because most of the power rankings sources are graphics) and guiding users not to make tournament pages for lesser known mods (which usually shouldn't happen anyways). Naughty🐽GRAND DAD 自閉肥宅 19:18, June 14, 2020 (EDT)
- Support. This is a nice fresh coat of paint for the notability guideline. I feel like it covers its bases well and would like to see it implemented. Acgamer28 22:17, June 14, 2020 (EDT)
- Support for most of it. The only thing I'm not too keen on is the "list of esports pages," since that can easily get out of hand with teams that sign only 1 or 2 mid-level players. CookiesCreme 23:13, June 14, 2020 (EDT)
- Support. It really needs updating and this draft is good. 184.108.40.206 01:24, June 15, 2020 (EDT)
- Support as per above. S3AHAWK (talk) 21:03, June 24, 2020 (EDT)
- Support No reason not to do this imo. 21:07, June 24, 2020 (EDT)
- Support. I think that players such as notable labbers and stuff should be considered for Smasher pages at some point too, but this isn't the place for that. I don't have much to add in the way of what's already noted, though. --Plague von Karma 12:59, June 28, 2020 (EDT)
For the notable players section, I believe there should be something specifying using online results or adding Wi-Fi warriors. Personally, I don't think either should be added since, because of input lag and the like, the online metagame is much different than the offline metagame, which the notable player section spotlights. CookiesCreme 23:17, June 14, 2020 (EDT)
- The only thing I can see is the WWR being added to the notable players section if they are Wi-Fi warriors with good offline results with their characters. Otherwise, I don't think any online results should be added to the section even if they have really solid placements at really big and stacked online tournaments. Online competitive play is indeed different compare to offline. Adding online results to the section pretty much feel like a random outlier. Naughty🐽GRAND DAD 自閉肥宅 00:10, June 17, 2020 (EDT)
In response to C&C's list of esports teams page concerns, I mean that's kind of the point. There are many smaller-tier esport orgs that may have some form of notability, but not nearly enough to warrant a page. Should the page become excessively long, it could always be split alphabetically. Pokebub (talk) 07:05, June 18, 2020 (EDT)