Links and capitalization
In some of your recent edits, such as this one and this one, you created links to pages that don't exist. Please make sure to use the "Show Preview" button and check if the links will work. I've also noticed you don't use capitalization consistently, such as here. The first letter of a word only needs to be capitalized when at the beginning of a sentence or for proper nouns, like a character (Mario), a company (Nintendo), titles of games (Super Mario Bros.), music titles (Underground Theme), and so on. --CanvasK (talk) 13:23, March 8, 2021 (EST)
- I hope that doesn't mean I'm banned from editing AgedofallStrings (talk) 14:08, March 8, 2021 (EST)
- Hi, I see you're still capitalizing words that don't need to be capitalized, such as with here and here. As CanvasK stated, the only time where capitalization should be used is if the word is a proper noun (like a character, company, or a title of some form of media) or is the first word of a sentence. Capitalizing any word that does not fit either of these criteria is absolutely unnecessary.
- To give an example, this is how not to write a sentence:
- "The Man At The Front Of The Line Is Buying a Copy of Super Mario Bros., a New Game For The Nintendo Entertainment System.".
- This is how you should write a sentence:
- "The man at the front of the line is buying a copy of Super Mario Bros., a new game for the Nintendo Entertainment System.".
- Notice how the first "The" is capitalized, but not the second or third "the".
- Hope my advice is helpful enough. SuperSmashTurtles of the Turtle Tribe 01:17, May 2, 2021 (EDT)
I'd recommend taking a look at this page here. Threatening a block warning to other users is generally frowned upon amongst the SmashWiki community. SuperSmashTurtles of the Turtle Tribe 00:42, April 13, 2021 (EDT)
- Ok I won't threaten a block again, It's Just He Vandalized the page again and I had enough of his vandalizations.AgedofallStrings (talk) 00:49, April 13, 2021 (EDT)
- Always quietly deal with vandals. Also it may not necessarily be vandalism and moreso a misconception that the Japanese wiki listed. CookiesCreme 01:03, April 13, 2021 (EDT)
- Alrighty. AgedofallStrings (talk) 01:06, April 13, 2021 (EDT)
- Oh, and just a side note: It's highly preferred if you indent your comments with a colon (:) if said comment is a reply. SuperSmashTurtles of the Turtle Tribe 01:27, April 13, 2021 (EDT)
How does it distract the page?
- It's Just, we don't put in RIP for a deceased actor, as it is considered vandalism, rather, we used terms like passed to present a factual narrative. AgedofallStrings (talk) 12:16, June 19, 2021 (EDT)
Aaah! I see now, Thanks! 18.104.22.168 12:51, June 19, 2021 (EDT)
Hey, I noticed you made a bunch of edits to one of my sandboxes.
Next time, it would be highly preferable to use the "Show preview" button, that way your edits don't clog up the recent changes page:
- Okie Dokie AgedofallStrings (talk) 15:06, June 21, 2021 (EDT)
I wouldn't call that edit vandalism. You did give an explanation for why you removed it. However, I would like to remind you that one of the rules on my sandbox stated that only I can decide which universes stay and which ones go. I would've brought your concern up on the sandbox's talk page before removing it.
As for the removal itself, even if Cookie Run does have a character with a potentially offensive design, Smash has a tendency to either censor an offensive character's design or not even include the character at all, so i wouldn't really call this a big deal. The Jacketed Terrapin 22:44, June 26, 2021 (EDT)
- I would also like to add when it comes to something offensive in a game or such, removing or changing it solely because it's considered offensive is discouraged. Obviously something nsfw would be an instant ban, but mentioning a game with a character having a potentionally offensive design is hardly something to worry about. Omega Toad, the EarthBoundian. (Fuzzy pickles!) 02:38, June 27, 2021 (EDT)