Talk:Piranha Plant (SSBU)
- "a taunt.." "a taunt.." "presumably one of its taunts." If we're not sure if this one is its taunt, how can we be sure the other two are? 188.8.131.52 15:21, 4 November 2018 (EST)
"Piranha Plant is the first playable mob / generic enemy"
I don't actually think Piranha Plant is the first playable mob. Aren't the ducks from Duck Hunt enemies? The whole point of the game is to shoot them. Additionally, I'm sure some people would consider wild Pokemon to be mobs. Nintendo101 (talk) 23:03, 13 November 2018 (EST)
- "Mob" is generally used to describe non-playable characters that are out to get the player. The ducks are as much of a mob as the targets from Break the Targets are. Additionally, given that most of the Pokémon emerge from Poké Balls, it can be assumed that most of them are not "wild." Mewtwo and Lucario being based off of specific ones from Pokémon movies. CardboardLuigi (talk) 20:49, 6 January 2019 (EST)
"With its Final Smash, Petey Piranha will be the third boss character to be playable after Giga Bowser and Ridley." Can we really say that though? From the looks of it, his Final Smash just summons Petey Piranha, who does his own thing, it doesn't give you control of him.
- It kinda does, though. Apparently Petey Piranha moves to where Piranha Plant does, until it finishes with the caged fighters. --Superstarxalien169's smashbox. (talk) 18:58, 28 November 2018 (EST)
- Wouldn't he be the fifth now, after the three currently listed on the page, and Ganon? Ganon is also both a Final Smash and a boss. If we're counting Petey as playable, then I'd count Ganon too. He might only pull off a single move, but he does it at the beck and call of the player's button press.MPD (talk) 18:22, 1 January 2019 (EST)
- Getting back to Petey Piranha, while he does follow you around, is that really enough to call him playable? Unless we count Olimar's Pikmin and Zelda's Phantom as playable I'm still not sure that's entirely correct.
I have a question about this trivia note, myself: "Although a red Piranha Plant has artwork for being in a pipe, the red Piranha Plant is never in the pipe in the game, only in the pot." Where can I find this artwork? Is there actual Smash art of Piranha Plant in its pipe, with the default red and white head? I haven't seen it, and it isn't on its page here, as far as I can see.MPD (talk) 18:22, 1 January 2019 (EST)
Piranha Plant and World of Light
Simply put, I wish to know if they ended up putting a character battle into World of Light to unlock the Plant or not. If so, it might be worth mentioning. CardboardLuigi (talk) 21:25, 29 January 2019 (EST) No they did not he is unlocked after ten ten spirits are freed like other DLC
Technically, aren't Pokémon considered "mob" characters? 184.108.40.206 03:02, 30 January 2019 (EST)
"Piranha Plant is the first (and only, so far) playable character who isn't a Pokémon in the Smash Bros. series to be referred to with gender-neutral pronouns"
- Palutena was referring to Viridi when she said "she." People who think Piranha Plant is a she are taking the Guidance out of context. CardboardLuigi (talk) 09:01, 30 January 2019 (EST)
- In any case, plants, even mobile ones, have no concept of gender and Piranha Plant itself hasn't really shown that it would. Most plants are hermaphrodites anyways. 220.127.116.11 00:56, May 8, 2019 (EDT)
Long-Stem Strike's description on Piranha Plant's page (as well as its own page) says that the charge grants Super Armor, but its armor is damaged-based: any attack that deals more than 15% will launch Piranha Plant. Thecontributor22 (talk) 10:01, 15 February 2019 (EST)
I feel like the change to his up air may be a nerf and not a buff because its combo ability was the only thing holding up the mediocre move and now its combo potential has been slashed. While up air being a fringe kill option could be helpful, I feel that the pros don't really outweigh the cons. Ocelot (talk) 04:58, July 1, 2020 (EDT)