I set up a deletion tag because, while we were discussing a recent change to the page in the Discord, we realized Pauline doesn't actually have any notable gameplay roles, which are generally required to warrant a page (for example, being an enemy or a Final Smash cameo). Pauline has a sticker, a trophy, and two spirit battles, as well as a background cameo on New Donk City Hall, but that basically puts her on the same level as someone like Silver the Hedgehog, who demonstrably doesn't have a page. Her "gameplay" effect is minor enough as it were and only occurs with two songs, so it doesn't really affect it enough to be considered page-viable, in my opinion. Any other thoughts? ~ Serena Strawberry (talk) 01:22, November 15, 2019 (EST)
- If she only appears when certain songs are being played, interactive or not, she's on the same level as Athena Asamiya. Aidan, the Rurouni 13:55, November 16, 2019 (EST)
- I created her page for the same reason as K.K. Slider (prior to receiving his Mii Fighter costume); at that point, it was decided that directly interacting with the music was a significant enough gameplay difference to warrant a page.
- Notably, Pauline is actually more interactive than K.K., who is more comparable to the characters from King of Fighters Stadium, as the music makes him appear. Interacting with Pauline changes how the song sounds.
- That said, I thought it was stupid when K.K. got his page. TheNuttyOne 19:54, November 21, 2019 (EST)
- Pauline can interact with the fighter, so she belongs to the stage hazard than the background character, which can be confirmed by turning off the stage hazard switch.--Capstalker (talk) 05:01, November 22, 2019 (EST)
While I'm neutral about this (personally, I'd like to keep the page, but I also recognize why it would be deleted), I should bring up that Pauline is on similar grounds as Bulblin, an interactive stage element that doesn't actually have any notable effect on gameplay. Serpent King removed the deletion tag from Bulblin's page without discussion, which might indicate that Pauline might also qualify as a page simply due to being interactive, no matter how minor said interaction is. Or maybe I'm just comparing apples and oranges? --PeabodySam (talk) 00:04, December 7, 2019 (EST)
Personally, I think that due to interacting with the stage's music, it puts Pauline on the same level as Bulblin as Peabody said. There is genuine interaction as well as a good few appearances, so wouldn't this be enough to just barely qualify? Thus, I feel I oppose the deletion of the page. --Plague von Karma (talk) 01:49, December 10, 2019 (EST)
- Also oppose. Pauline is coded as a stage hazard (as shown by her not showing up with hazards off), so as unobstructive as she is, she's still a stage hazard. 126.96.36.199 02:00, January 12, 2020 (EST)