Talk:Official Custom Moveset Project
Wouldn't it be simpler just to do something like:
|Character||Custom sets available|
- I was actually considering that, but I also wanted to include a key to the custom moves. It will definitely save enough time to make the loss worth it. Live and learn, as the song goes. Nyargleblargle (Talk) 21:15, 1 May 2015 (EDT)
- Well, I was assuming by doing it this way you'd be able to click through to the Mario (SSB4) page which has his customs in his moveset table. Not sure if there's a better way to streamline it in there without turning it into a hard-to-read mess. Miles (talk) 21:20, 1 May 2015 (EDT)
Is there a list anywhere of tournaments besides EVO that used this?
I'm curious as to how successful this has been at creating a widespread standardized system for implementing customs in a tournament setting.22.214.171.124 23:47, 18 November 2015 (EST)
Just a though...
You are still alowwed to use the standard 1111 combination right? 126.96.36.199 07:49, 24 November 2015 (EST)
- Yeah! Definitely. Serpent King 08:22, 24 November 2015 (EST)
Grudge against the biggest attack?
I know you can't always make everyone happy, but what's up with Palutena having no use of either Heavenly Light or Counter? Granted, I've not gotten to fight anyone who uses Palutena more than rarely, but I quite enjoy the use of Heavenly Light. I've never found good use for Autoreticle (almost always useless, too much delay before firing and just misses) and Explosive Flame's set distance makes it harder to use, though I have found it great for anti-recovery from a safe spot (which Heavenly Light isn't bad at either, thanks to it's push effect). Jarie Suicune (talk) 12:46, 30 January 2016 (EST)
Is this really needed? It bloats the page intensely, and the last time we discussed something like it on this page, it was decided against. Plus, it really also only shows the custom moves of each character compared to the compact list. Nyargleblargle (Contribs) 13:01, 21 September 2016 (EDT)
- Slight support for deletion. It does try to explain in a detailed way each character's customs, but it also makes the page way too heavy. -- BeepYou (talk) 14:24, 21 September 2016 (EDT)
- It makes sense to show which move each number corresponds to. But you really only need the names for that, and even then it would be clunky. Pictures and descriptions for every move is clearly excessive. Zyrac(talk•contribs) 16:16, 21 September 2016 (EDT)
Agreed, Nyargle. It's just bloat, when the condensed table format with the numbers is sufficient. Readers can click through to "Character (SSB4)" pages to see the customs if the numbers aren't enough. Miles (talk) 16:56, 21 September 2016 (EDT)
The table is bad, bad, bad. The numbers do a plain poor job of showing custom moveset recommendations at a glance (nobody's gonna memorize what number means what and it's annoying enough to click around those pages), but this table sucks. At narrow resolutions, it would stretch the page horizontally, which is not acceptable for presentation. It also shows the important information scrunched at the very right edge, which is really sloppy. It would be better to just shrink the images / use a small version and replace those numbers with those images. If images don't work that well, roll-overs work very well. Otherwise, get rid of the table. Green Mario 21:30, 23 September 2016 (EDT)