Playable thru hacking?
We know that Dixie was patialy programed but is she playable like masterhand could be through hacking? ~Crystal_Lucario 07:47, February 14, 2008 (EST)
- my doubts. from what i've heard, there's barely any info of her. maybe like Ditto in Melee. it was there, but it would glitch up and freeze when used. FyreNWater - (Talk • Contributions ) 00:58, February 15, 2008 (EST)
Not to be the skeptic, but do we actually know that she was at all programmed? Just because multiple people claim there were more character files on the disc doesn't mean there were, so are there videos/instructions on how to hack the disc? I kind of want to remove all the unverified claim tags, but unless there is actual proof then that's what they are Sean.Nickel (talk) 12:57, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
I fail to see why Dixie has no article because she was a removed character. Toon Zelda and Sheik have an article, so does "PRA&MAI", and even Roy's data has a page cause it might have been Roy Campbell (can we listen to the victory tune?). Even if that's about to be merged, you can at the very least restore this page and make it more similar to Plusle and Minun's page. Before you bring up the fact that the Dixie intended for Brawl might not have been Dixie Kong, who else in video gaming is named Dixie? --RoyboyX (talk) 18:12, 20 August 2011 (EDT)
- I actually don't see a point of having individual articles, since all information we have is based on basic fragments from the data; I think the best course of action would to have all six listed on the same page. Alternatively, we could just beef up the Scrapped Characters section of our Beta elements article.
- Also, "(can we listen to the victory tune?)". We can't; the unused files are completely empty, I believe. ReiDemon 18:36, 20 August 2011 (EDT)
Really? I seem to recall reading that sound clips including a yelling noise (possibly indicating a Final Smash), Shadow Ball and Teleport, a victory tune that may not work, a profile picture and maybe even a working model were in Mewtwo's files. --RoyboyX (talk) 21:59, 20 August 2011 (EDT)
- All of those bits were on the wiki before; however, as I have been unable to locate any proof of these, I removed them from Mewtwo's article. Unseen64, which has one of the more comprehensive articles on Beta Elements in Brawl, lists nothing about these noises; they do claim that there's a clip featuring the Announcer saying "Mewtwo!", but the lack of a YouTube video featuring this clip makes me skeptical that it exists.
- If you find anymore information that can give more information on how far Mewtwo was programmed, feel free to give us a link... ReiDemon 22:18, 20 August 2011 (EDT)
Support If she has an effect in Smash Tour, I don't see why she does not deserve a page. I'm sure the other instances in this disambiguation will fit as well. Berrenta (talk) 18:50, 27 January 2015 (EST)
It's a tricky situation. I personally wouldn't mind seeing the characters and such that appear as Smash Tour items promoted into full pages. However, Toom at least seemed to oppose the idea on Talk:Smash Tour. Ultimately it comes down to the question of whether it's worthwhile to have some very short articles for the sake of consistency, or pass them over in the interest of focusing on elements with more major roles. I would prefer the former. Miles (talk) 19:45, 27 January 2015 (EST)
- To clarify my previous point, I do support turning this into a page. Dixie falls into a grey area between things that definitely should have pages and things that definitely shouldn't, and I'd prefer to cover the subjects in that grey area as opposed to avoiding doing so. Miles (talk) 16:01, 23 February 2015 (EST)
Why does this page exist?
- I'm in the process of making pages for Smash Tour items. Miles (talk) 01:18, 6 May 2015 (EDT)
- 1. She's a Smash tour item. 2. She's a trophy in every game. 3. She has a color scheme on another character. 4. We know jack-shit about every other cut character, however, Dixie Kong we know a bit about from Sakurai himself. Laikue (talk | contribs) 03:12, 6 May 2015 (EDT)