Candidate, please summarize why you are running for adminship below.
As a sysop for the Smash Wikipedia pages, I would work on developing pages for community-oriented players. I am very involved in my local Smash Bros. community, working alongside weekly tournament hosts and networking amongst the community for twitch streams and tournament officiating. I work alongside a few other key members for Official Colorado Smash pages to make sure the Colorado Smash calendar is always updated and has all of the local weeklies and major tournaments listed.
My goal is to bring community together. I am, how you would say, a "community builder", and that is my dream, for community to continued to be strengthened, even through a video game, like Smash. I may not know the math and fluency of hit box ranges behind certain characters in games like Melee, Brawl, Project M, and Sm4sh, but I know about enough about the people apart of this amazing community.
My ultimate goal is for all notable and skilled Smash players to have their own Smashpedia pages so that other members who view these wiki pages, will be inspired to be the best <insert character said member would want to main here> they can be. I've only contributed a few things to the Smashpedia, because where I saw that I could help, I did not have permissions. I realized that most, if not all of the Power Ranked players in my state are not noted for their amazing skill, and it got me thinking... how many other players are going unrecognized at a state level, regional level, national, or even international level? I would set out to find these players, create these pages, and continue to draw "threads", so to speak, between Smash communities. Most Smash communities have official Facebook pages, and maybe some presence on Smashboards.com, but there is a niche that is not being catered to. I see that niche, and I would love to do what I can to create amazing content for community-oriented Smashers to view.
Thousands of people view these wiki pages daily, but are they finding everything they are looking for? Picture a FGF Toon Link main who plays online tournaments in Smash 4, but doesn't even realize the full potential of his skill because he has never even heard of competitive smash. His lag holds him back from his skill. This situational Toon Link main hasn't even heard of a Smash Tournament! That's where these amazing Smash Wikis come in... because I can guarantee you that the same FGF Toon Link main, views these pages for combos, hit box ranges, etc... probably on a biweekly basis, not knowing anything about competitive Smash, he's just purely interested in the game. The "Smashpedia" has the power to influence people's lives to show them the amazing quality of community that these Smash Bros. games often provide.
Of course I would help out wherever is needed, and I can log in on a fairly frequent (every other day or so) basis. I will continue to fix grammatical errors, organize tables, and connect categories and pages together; but what I desire to do is fulfill this niche that I see so strongly. Thank you very much for you consideration!
- Massive oppose You are too new and you didnt even do this right Poultry(talk) the God-Slayer 18:52, 16 June 2016 (EDT)
- Oppose. You definitely should contribute much more to the wiki to become an admin. Also, all of your edits involve smashers. -- Ethan(Discussion) 19:15, 16 June 2016 (EDT)
- Very strong opposition Can we stop getting people who create accounts only to immediately submit an application? >_> Disaster Flare (talk) 19:28, 16 June 2016 (EDT)
- Okay I stand corrected on the account thing but opposition still stands. Disaster Flare (talk) 19:29, 16 June 2016 (EDT)
- I'm pretty sure an admin can close a RfA without full community discussion if you think it definitely won't be able to pass. MegaTron1 19:36, 16 June 2016 (EDT)
- Oppose Too new for an admin Kirby's Crazy Appetite ~ 19:34, 16 June 2016 (EDT)
- Strong Oppose Is this fake and a joke? Looking at your contributes and to me, that sounds naivish and lackluster. RFA is way harder than you expected. You have to do way more than that such as handling disputes and the rope of the wiki for like months and years before you do the RFA. Few days too early! Luigi540 (talk) 19:38, 16 June 2016 (EDT)
- More like several weeks early. Kirby's Crazy Appetite ~ 19:41, 16 June 2016 (EDT)
I think i'm good with the amount of admins here already, but it wouldn't hurt to have another one. I guess. Switching to Oppose. Kirby's Crazy Appetite ~ 18:46, 16 June 2016 (EDT)
- If everyone's a janitor admin, being an admin isn't really anything special. MegaTron1 19:03, 16 June 2016 (EDT)
You don't even have a userpage, you know. Kirby's Crazy Appetite ~ 19:00, 16 June 2016 (EDT)
- You don't have to have one to become admin. MegaTron1 19:03, 16 June 2016 (EDT)
We aren't Smash Wikipedia. I would recommend doing some research before trying to submit an RfA. MegaTron1 19:10, 16 June 2016 (EDT)