From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wikiJump to navigationJump to search
Candidate, please summarize why you are running for adminship below.
I can help contribute to the Smash Bros. community better, and be able to deal with vandals.
- Ignoring the fact that you're still clearly learning the ropes here, I don't think I've ever seen you attempt to "deal with vandals" at all. Not to mention you clearly don't understand what it means to be an admin. For reference, read some of the successful (and failed) RfAs and you'll clearly see what I mean. Alex Parpotta the flying lobster! 11:34, 25 January 2018 (EST)
- Absolutely not. As much as I hate giving these opposition reasons aside from your naiveness of what it means to be an admin, you seem to be still new here and haven't made that many edits to prove yourself. If I were you, withdraw from this RfA immediately and take time to learn what it means to be an admin before doing this again. MHStarCraft 11:46, 25 January 2018 (EST)
- I will go with them on this one. You're not ready for this and read some of the successful (and failed) RfAs for reference. Dragonfirebreath25 (talk) 11:50, 25 January 2018 (EST)
- Pretty much agree with the others on this, and I'll parrot their advice and suggest looking into previous RfAs, successful and failed alike. I also suggest focusing more on the wiki itself rather than your userspace. And another thing, you don't need to be an admin at all to contribute to the community. Being an admin takes a lot more work and experience than you probably think, and until you realize that and earn the positive reputation to gain more support, I'd hold off for now. Aliks-Odev (talk) 12:03, 25 January 2018 (EST)
- I can clearly see a lack of admins skills at the moment, as shown with edit. It's highly unlikely that a RFA is going to be successful this early in the account's life. I'd recommend to increase your non userpace edits, as your current userpace to non-userpace edit proportion is risking placing you on probation, and not to edit war over talk page warnings, as this will result in a block if this happens again. Also listen to the above users advice.Searingjet (talk) 12:17, 25 January 2018 (EST)
- You're new and not yet skilled at writing or wiki markup. Admins need to have these skills so as to help users who don't.
- Barely any talk page edits to speak of, and not even an attempt at dispute handling.
- Your userspace edits outweigh your mainspace ones meaning that I would actually have to probate you at the same time I would promote you.
- This RfA is lackluster to the fullest. Look at any passed RfA and tell me if they have more than one sentence. It is so clear that you never even bothered to research what this position is before applying for it.
- In other words, you have a lot of work to do here if you hope to join our administration team. Come back again after you've shown the commitment and aptitude required for the job. Serpent King 12:28, 25 January 2018 (EST)
@Alex Let me say a few things right now. (1) Just because I’m still “learning the ropes” doesn’t mean I’ve gotten worse at editing any pages at all. (2) When I say that I will be able to deal with vandals, I never said that I haven’t before. Just because I haven’t dealt with it on SmashWiki doesn’t mean I haven’t dealt with it before. (3) Do you think I haven’t read the policies, guidelines, and help pages on the Wiki? I know what being an admin means. (4) Just seeing the Failed RfA category is enough.
- Why can't you sign your comments then? MHStarCraft 12:00, 25 January 2018 (EST)