Tournament:MLG Dallas 2010
|MLG Dallas 2010|
|Dates||November 5th-7th, 2010|
|Address/City||2201 Stemmons Freeway|
|Entry fees||Singles and venue: $35|
|Pot size(s)||Singles: $35,000|
|winners|| Gnes 1v1|
Ally & Lee Martin 2v2
|Housing||Hilton Anatole Hotel|
MLG Dallas 2010 was the last Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament of the five hosted by MLG in 2010 and the last Super Smash Bros. tournament MLG hosted for four years, until MLG Anaheim 2014. The tournament received praise for its giveaways and professional set ups. Mew2King and ADHD were banned from this tournament as punishment for bracket manipulation at MLG DC 2010.
This tournament is notable for having the largest prize pool in a Smash singles tournament until Smash Summit Spring 2017, having a pot of $35,000. At this tournament, Gnes won the championship and - at the time - received the biggest prize check in a Smash tournament ever ($12,500), until Hungrybox won Battle of the Five Gods and got $13,000.
Friday, November 5th
|5:30PM-9:30PM||1v1 winners round 1|
|7:40PM-8:00PM||All-Star Classic Screw Battle 1|
|8:00PM-8:20PM||All-Star Classic Screw Battle 2|
|8:20PM-8:40PM||All-Star Classic Screw Battle 3|
|8:40PM-9:00PM||All-Star Classic Screw Battle 4|
|9:00PM-9:20PM||All-Star Classic Screw Battle 5|
|9:20PM-9:40PM||All-Star Classic Screw Battle 6|
|9:40PM-10:00PM||All-Star Classic Screw Battle 7|
|9:30PM-11:30PM||1v1 winners round 2|
|11:30PM-12:30AM||1v1 winners round 3|
Saturday, November 6th
|10:00AM-12:00PM||1v1 losers round 1|
|12:00PM-2:00PM||1v1 losers rounds 2|
|2:00PM-3:00PM||1v1 losers round 3|
|3:00PM-4:00PM||1v1 losers round 4|
|4:00PM-4:30PM||1v1 winners round 4|
|4:30PM-5:00PM||1v1 losers round 5|
|5:00PM-5:30PM||1v1 losers round 6|
|5:30PM-6:00PM||1v1 winners round 5/losers round 7|
|6:00PM-6:30PM||1v1 losers round 8|
|6:30PM-7:00PM||1v1 winners round 6/losers round 9|
|7:00PM-7:30PM||1v1 losers round 10|
Sunday, November 7th
|10:00AM-10:45AM||1v1 Championship Winners Round 1|
|10:45AM-11:30AM||1v1 Championship Winners Round 2/Losers Round 1|
|11:30AM-12:15PM||1v1 Losers Round 2|
|12:15PM-1:00PM||1v1 Championship winners Round 3/Losers Round 3|
|1:00PM-1:45PM||1v1 Championship Losers Round 4|
|1:45PM-2:30PM||1v1 Championship Winners Finals/Losers Round 5|
|2:30PM-3:45PM||1v1 Championship Losers Finals|
|3:45PM-5:00PM||1v1 Championship Finals|
Players who break the rules will receive a warning or foul, depending on the rule. Any warning beyond the first will result in a forfeit of the game or match.
- 3 stocks
- 8 minute time limit
- Items are set to "Off" and "None"
- Team attack is set to "On"
- Marth and Squirtle are forbidden from using grab release infinites against Ness.
- King Dedede is forbidden from using a standing grab infinite against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.
- Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned.
- No pausing is allowed without the referee's permission.
- No action that disrupts standard gameplay may be used.
- Any infinite move must end before the affected character reaches 300%.
- Cheating is forbidden.
- In 1v1 or 2v2 events, the higher seeded player/team must choose their controller port first.
- Players may request a blind pick of character for the first game of a match.
- Players must follow the official striking procedure.
- Ties are settled with percents and the edge grab limit of 35 (15 in a tie breaker).
- Games started without the approval of a referee will be restarted.
- Share stock is allowed.
|Yoshi's Island||Frigate Orpheon|
|Delfino Plaza||Rainbow Cruise|
|Battleship Halberd||Pokémon Stadium 2|
|Pokémon Stadium 1|
Rules of conduct
- Controllers with modifications or turbo capabilities are banned. Players who break the rule once will receive a warning.
- Players may not attach a headset to the Wii or TV.
- Players may not intentionally manipulate a teammate's controller while a game is in progress. Doing so will result in a forfeit.
- Players may not appear on the main stage or feature station with sponsor insignia not approved by the MLG or its sponsors.
- In case of a Wii/TV malfunctions, the game will be restarted from the beginning.
- No warm-up games may be played outside of scheduled warm-up periods.
- During warm-up periods, all games must be played with three stocks or less. At the end of a game, All players must get up and allow any players who are waiting to take their seat.
- Players who have not been eliminated from the event on Saturday and Sunday have priority over those eliminated.
- Players late to their station within 5 minutes of their match's announcement will forfeit their first game. 10 minutes late will result in a forfeit of the best of 3 game match or the second game of the best of 5/7/11 match. 15 minutes late will result in a forfeit of the best of 5/7/11 match. If both teams forfeit the match, the higher seeded player/team will win the match.
- Players/teams may forfeit a game/match if a player leaves their station without their referee's permission, or is otherwise unable to play. Referees may set a time limit for players who requested to leave for a short time, but may also deny permission to leave.
- Players who wish to dispute game results must notify their referee that they would like to protest the game.
Championship bracket seeding
The following seeding points were determined by the placings of the smashers at the previous tournaments of the circuit. The seeding points determined the placings of smashers in the championship bracket.
|1st||Ally||MLG Orlando 2010: 2nd |
MLG Columbus 2010: 2nd
MLG Raleigh 2010: 17th
MLG DC 2010: 8th
|2nd||ESAM||MLG Orlando 2010: 4th |
MLG Columbus 2010: 8th
MLG Raleigh 2010: 9th
MLG DC 2010: 4th
|3rd||Tyrant||MLG Orlando 2010: 3rd |
MLG Columbus 2010: 9th
MLG Raleigh 2010: 6th
MLG DC 2010: 10th
|4th||Lee Martin||MLG Orlando 2010: 13th |
MLG Columbus 2010: 4th
MLG Raleigh 2010: 2nd
MLG DC 2010: 14th
|5th||Nick Riddle||MLG Orlando 2010: 12th |
MLG Columbus 2010: 3rd
MLG Raleigh 2010: 5th
MLG DC 2010: 17th
|6th||Rich Brown||MLG Columbus 2010: 16th |
MLG Raleigh 2010: 13th
MLG DC 2010: 2nd
|7th||Atomsk||MLG Orlando 2010: 9th |
MLG Columbus 2010: 15th
MLG Raleigh 2010: 14th
MLG DC 2010: 9th
|8th||Fatal||MLG Orlando 2010: 11th |
MLG Columbus 2010: 33rd
MLG Raleigh 2010: 11th
MLG DC 2010: 5th
The following players advanced from the normal brackets to the championship bracket:
|From winners' bracket|
|From losers' bracket|
Doubles (side event)
|1st||Ally||Lee Martin||$528 ($264 each)|
|2nd||Nick Riddle||Shaky||$288 ($144 each)|
|3rd||DEHF||Gnes||$96 ($48 each)|
|4th||ESAM||MVD||$48 ($24 each)|