Tournament:MLG Raleigh 2010
|MLG Raleigh 2010|
|Dates||August 27th-29th, 2010|
|Venue||Raleigh Marriott City Center|
|Address/City||500 Fayetteville Street|
Raleigh, North Carolina
|Entry fees||Singles and venue: $35|
|Pot size(s)||Singles: $7,000|
|winners|| Mew2King 1v1|
Ally & Mew2King 2v2
|Housing||Raleigh Marriott City Center hotel|
MLG Raleigh 2010 was one of the five Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournaments hosted by the MLG in 2010. Like most tournaments hosted by the MLG, MLG Raleigh has received numerous praise from smashers, as it had sponsor giveaways and very professional set up.
Friday, August 27th
|5:30PM-9:30PM||1v1 winners round 1|
|9:30PM-11:30PM||1v1 winners round 2|
|11:30PM-12:30AM||1v1 winners round 3|
Saturday, August 28th
|10:00AM-12:00PM||1v1 losers round 1|
|12:00PM-2:00PM||1v1 losers rounds 2|
|2:00PM-3:00PM||1v1 losers round 3|
|3:00PM-4:00PM||1v1 losers round 4|
|4:00PM-4:30PM||1v1 winners round 4|
|4:30PM-5:00PM||1v1 losers round 5|
|5:00PM-5:30PM||1v1 losers round 6|
|5:30PM-6:00PM||1v1 winners round 5/losers round 7|
|6:00PM-6:30PM||1v1 losers round 8|
|6:30PM-7:00PM||1v1 winners round 6/losers round 9|
|7:00PM-7:30PM||1v1 losers round 10|
|7:30PM-8:00PM||1v1 winners round 7/losers round 11|
|8:00PM-8:30PM||1v1 losers round 12|
|8:30PM-9:15PM||1v1 winners round 8/losers round 13|
|9:15PM-10:00PM||1v1 losers finals|
Sunday, August 29th
|10:00AM-11:00AM||2v2 winners round 1|
|11:00AM-11:30AM||2v2 losers round 1|
|11:30AM-12:00PM||2v2 winners round 2|
|12:00PM-12:30PM||2v2 losers round 2|
|12:30PM-1:00PM||2v2 winners round 3/losers round 3|
|1:00PM-1:30PM||2v2 losers round 4|
|1:30PM-2:00PM||2v2 winners round 4/losers round 5|
|2:00PM-2:30PM||2v2 losers round 6|
|2:30PM-3:00PM||2v2 winners round 5/losers round 7|
|3:00PM-3:30PM||2v2 losers round 8|
|3:30PM-4:00PM||2v2 winners finals/losers round 9|
|4:00PM-4:45PM||2v2 losers finals|
Players who break the rules will receive a warning or foul, depending on the rule. Any warning beyond the first will result in a forfeit of the game or match.
- 3 stocks
- 8 minute time limit
- Items are set to "Off" and "None"
- Team attack is set to "On"
- Marth and Squirtle are forbidden from using grab release infinites against Ness.
- King Dedede is forbidden from using a standing grab infinite against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.
- Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned.
- No pausing is allowed without the referee's permission.
- No action that disrupts standard gameplay may be used.
- Any infinite move must end before the effected character reaches 300%.
- Cheating is forbidden.
- In 1v1 or 2v2 events, the higher seeded player/team must choose their controller port first.
- Players may request a blind pick of character for the first game of a match.
- Players must follow the official striking procedure.
- Ties are settled with percents and the edge grab limit of 35 (15 in a tie breaker).
- Games started without the approval of a referee will be restarted.
- Share stock is allowed.
|Yoshi's Island||Frigate Orpheon|
|Delfino Plaza||Rainbow Cruise|
|Battleship Halberd||Pokémon Stadium 2|
|Pokémon Stadium 1|
Rules of conduct
- Controllers with modifications or turbo capabilities are banned. Players who break the rule once will receive a warning.
- Players may not attach a headset to the Wii or TV.
- Players may not intentionally manipulate a teammate's controller while a game is in progress. Doing so will result in a forfeit.
- Players may not appear on the main stage or feature station with sponsor insignia not approved by the MLG or its sponsors.
- In case of a Wii/TV malfunctions, the game will be restarted from the beginning.
- No warm-up games may be played outside of scheduled warm-up periods.
- During warm-up periods, all games must be played with three stocks or less. At the end of a game, All players must get up and allow any players who are waiting to take their seat.
- Players who have not been eliminated from the event on Saturday and Sunday have priority over those eliminated.
- Players late to their station within 5 minutes of their match's announcement will forfeit their first game. 10 minutes late will result in a forfeit of the best of 3 game match or the second game of the best of 5/7/11 match. 15 minutes late will result in a forfeit of the best of 5/7/11 match. If both teams forfeit the match, the higher seeded player/team will win the match.
- Players/teams may forfeit a game/match if a player leaves their station without their referee's permission, or is otherwise unable to play. referees may set a time limit for players who requested to leave for s short time, but may also deny permission to leave.
- Players who wish to dispute game results must notify their referee that they would like to protest the game.