Forum:With the announcement of the Male Wii Fit Trainer...
From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wikiJump to navigationJump to search
- If he does get confirmed to be an alternate costume, then yes, but his role is unknown atm. Scr7(talk · contribs) 16:43, 2 November 2013 (EDT)
- Seemly, the male Wii Fit Trainer was also not announced to be a separate character when that picture of him was shown on the SSB4 website. Dots The Marine 16:52, 2 November 2013 (EDT)
- Well, let's see; Peach had an alternate costume in Melee (Daisy) back in 2001. It wasn't only a palette swap, it was an entire model swap. Wario has overalls and biker, Link has his tunics and Dark Link, Toon Link has Four Swords, Dark Link and TLoZ Link, Pikachu, Pichu and Jigglypuff have alt. costumes, too. Now, since we have all of this covered, it seems that alternate costumes may happen. We could have Ike as Cloud Strife, Marth as Sora, and Snake as Leon S. Kennedy. But who knows? Anything may happen in the upcoming game, got it memorized? Requiem fo Ice (talk) 17:12, 5 November 2013 (EST)
- "We could have Ike as Cloud Strife, Marth as Sora, and Snake as Leon S. Kennedy."
- This is the most ridiculous awful thing I seen said about Smash 4. No, they're in all livelihood aren't going to be playable characters, much less be alt costumes. You really fucking think they would go through the trouble of bringing in third party characters just to be alt costumes of completely different characters? This kind of stuff will be kept to texture hacks, there's no chance in hell it's going to happen outside that (and if they actually did brought those characters in, it would be a huge waste to relegate them to being just alt costumes, which they would most certainly know).
- Also, Peach's Daisy palette in Melee was just a palette swap, not a "model swap", nothing beyond color was changed on her. And potential alt costumes will be restricted to alternate forms of the character (such as Dr. Mario for Mario and Vanguard Ike for Ike), or very similar characters from the same series (such as Male Wii Fit Trainer for the Female Trainer, and Daisy for Peach). Regarding Magiciandude's initial question, yes with the Male Fit Trainer being an alt, I expect to see Doc back as one, as well as other potential examples like the aforementioned Vanguard Ike and Ganondorf's various versions. Omega Tyrant 10:13, 7 November 2013 (EST)