Forum:Ultimate's online experience
I was considering a friendly discussion on user's thoughts about their experience on Ultimate's online. What are your thoughts of online?
As a Peach and Daisy main, I go online to play fun matches with anonymous players. However, I find online frustrating due to the lag interrupting jump cancel fast falling or combos. As a result, I win 40% online matches. When I lose online matches, I admit that I lost but blame lag. Also, I do not blame myself for losing as Peach and Daisy, because they are tricky characters; I compliment myself for playing high-rewarding characters. Online makes me think Peach is low-tier as I want her to be buffed (Peach Bomber easily grabs ledges); it even reminds of Samsora's mediocre online Peach play, he is my favorite smasher. When I play offline, I can play Peach smoothly. When I go online, I play Zelda, Marth, Lucina and Rosalina & Luma to replace Peach and Daisy. Derekblue1 (talk) 22:54, April 20, 2020 (EDT)
- Lag + PK Thunder = 99.99% of my failed recoveries. OmegαToαd64 • the Best Kαrter 23:22, April 20, 2020 (EDT)
- Elite Ness "zero-2-death"! Or actually the Dark Samus didn't think of air dodging out of my back aerial. Won by 2 stocks.
- No Pikachu player is safe from my PSI magnet. Thunder jolt and Thunder are free healing survice. PK Flash when they're in the lag from Thunder and easily take wins from of them.
- PK Freeze. Went from Lucas's least used move the the best edge guarding tool in the series. Won against Incineroar with it.
- Now when in doubles with a friend, this is when I get a little mischievous. What can I say, you'll get no sympathy from me:
- Ness (me) Lucas (friend): Lucas grabs player over 50% damage, I unleash fully charged PK Flash, profit.
- Pikachu (me) K Rool (friend): K Rool buries, I Thunder, easy win.
- Double Luigi: Wait till the opposing double K Rools are in lag and then get some free up-B sweetspots. Also destroyed one with my down taunt. Most satisfying move ever.
- And probably the most evil one of all: Two Richters on the same team with team attack off. Spamming overpowered projectiles with no drawbacks. We never lost a single stock let alone go above 60% damage.
- And finally I now learned why tournaments ban items. Launch stars can go to heck. OmegαToαd64 • the Best Kαrter 07:16, April 21, 2020 (EDT)
The problem with online is that the lag some times kicks me out of the match this not because of my internet but the other players. also, some characters that I to play are better offline because of the lag even before patch 3.1.0 for Pichu because it's very light. Also, I normally play arenas not quick play because I hate losing points with the Characters I main. Thegameandwatch (talk) 11:01, April 21, 2020 (EDT)
- I play in Smash Arenas, helping me enjoy matches. When I play offline, I can play Peach smoothly. I can jump cancel fast fall and combo properly, playing with friends offline is fun. Derekblue1 (talk) 11:22, April 21, 2020 (EDT)