Primids (プリム Purimu, Prim), are the most common enemy of the Subspace Army in Super Smash Bros. Brawl's Subspace Emissary mode. First appearing at Midair Stadium, they appear as common enemies and are the most frequently encountered enemies in the Subspace Emissary. The Primids attack with a multitude of attacks, involving their fists, feet, and body. The Primids also have the ability to jump to other platforms and areas. Primids are a generally low threat enemy as they are rather weak, as they have below average attack power and relatively low health, as they can often be defeated by one or two attacks, even on Intense difficulty. They can also be knocked back with ease, and are vulnerable to grabs. On the flipside, they often appear in large numbers, have fast and good mobility, and have a larger moveset than most SSE enemies, resulting in them being rather versatile. The Primids also appear in many different variations. Each type of Primid has its own trophy, which can be collected with a trophy stand.
- Rapid punch - Similar to Kirby's Vulcan Jab, this move hits multiple times and can trap Smashers. Always fires 11 punches even if no target is in range, so a player can attack from behind once it's started. While it deals barely any knockback, it can rack up damage very quickly, especially on higher difficulties.
- Triple combo - Similar to Mario's jab combo, a Primid will punch, kick, and then follow up with a push, with each hit coming out rather slowly. The first two hits deal no knockback, while the third hit deals moderately strong knockback, enough to KO at very high percentages.
- Faceplant - Similar to Dedede's dash attack, the Primid trips and slides forwards, with average damage and knockback.
- Smash punch - Effectively, a Primid's smash attack. This move involves the Primid winding up and launching a powerful punch with strong knockback, the strongest of the Primid's attacks. However, the wind up sequence is long, resulting in very slow start-up lag. This, combined with its short reach, makes it relatively easy to avoid. Despite its looks, it does not do fire damage.
- Spear jump - While Primids can jump onto platforms, they can also crouch down for a second and launch themselves upwards while spinning, damaging characters with light knockback that are in the way. The Primids jump at a slight angle when using this attack instead of straight up, in the player's general direction.
- Foot plant - One of a Primid's two aerial attacks, involving a stomp similar to other characters' down airs. It cannot meteor smash but instead deals respectable sideways knockback.
- Front kick - The other aerial attack, a forwards kick that deals set knockback.
- Acrobatic stomp - If a player is knocked down in the floor, the Primid will jump and attempt to stomp them, causing decent damage and knockback. The Primid then flips backwards and makes a pose as if accepting the cheers of an audience, even if the attack missed.
 Different variations of the Primid
- Big Primid: A larger-sized Primid that functions similar to its smaller counter-parts. A Big Primid can take more damage than a regular Primid and can also deal more damage with its punches, however it is slower and a much bigger target than a normal Primid.
- Boom Primid: A Primid that is equipped with a boomerang. It attacks both long-range and close up. It regularly throws its boomerang at the direction its facing the player.
- Fire Primid: A Primid that is red in color. Its attacks are all fire-based.
- Metal Primid: A type of Primid whose whole body is encased in metal. It can sustain more damage than a normal Primid. It also does not flinch and can reflect some projectiles.
- Sword Primid: A Primid that is equipped with a sword similar to the Beam Sword. It attacks by using its sword rather than landing punches.
- Scope Primid: A Primid that is equipped with a weapon similar to the Super Scope. It can be found on higher areas or longer distance and fire projectiles from its weapon. Can pose a threat to players when their fighting melee-attacking enemies as well.
 HP and damage taken
It remains to be tested exactly which levels correspond to each HP range.
 Trophy description
The common soldier of the Subspace Army. It seems pretty harmless, but alas, it's stuffed with Shadow Bugs that leak from its forms. This Primid has no weapons--it will challenge you man-to-man. There are six different Primid types, but all of them are based on this basic form. There are also several different face types.
 Face gallery
There are many different faces that a Primid can have. The faces change each time Adventure Mode is loaded up. The three Primids in the display room of the Battleship Halberd Exterior always have the same faces, two of them are different, but the color from two of them is yellow instead of the colors used in the game.
Super Smash Bros. universe
|Fighting Polygon Team · Fighting Wire Frames · Fighting Alloy Team · Giga Bowser · Sandbag|
|Master Hand · Crazy Hand · Galleom · Duon · Tabuu|
|Stages||SSB: Battlefield · Final Destination|
SSBM: Battlefield · Final Destination
SSBB: Battlefield · Final Destination
|Items||Barrel · Beam Sword · Capsule · Crate · Fan · Home-Run Bat · Motion-Sensor Bomb · Ray Gun|
SSB: Bumper · Egg
SSBM: Egg · Flipper · Food · Party Ball
SSBB: Assist Trophy · Bumper · Cracker Launcher · Food · Gooey Bomb · Party Ball · Sandbag · Rolling Crate · Smash Ball · Smoke Ball · Team Healer
|Trophies||in Melee · in Brawl · in Brawl (SSE)|
|Music||Super Smash Bros. Brawl series · Super Smash Bros. series in Brawl|