A Metal Primid punching.
|Universe||Super Smash Bros.|
|Level(s) appears in|| Research Facility I|
Outside the Ancient Ruins
The Glacial Peak
Subspace Bomb Factory II
Battleship Halberd Interior
Entrance to Subspace
The Great Maze
A Metal Primid (メタルプリム, Metal Prim) is a Primid made of metal. They have the same moveset as regular Primids, but have more health with poorer and slower mobility. The most distinguishing feature of the Metal Primid is their inability to be flinched and knockbacked by all attacks but throws.
Metal Primids often appear in groups of two, and pose a much larger threat than regular Primids. While their attacks aren't any stronger, and they are slower with less mobility, they have more health, enough to regularly sustain multiple blows before being KO'd, and they are immune to flinching from all non-grabbing attacks. Their immunity to flinching makes it difficult to fight Metal Primids without getting damaged, as they will attack the player through their attacks. Metal Primids can also reflect weak projectiles, which often renders pelting them from far distances with projectiles ineffective. However, Metal Primids are vulnerable to being grabbed, and throws will produce the same hitstun and knockback to them as they would to normal Primids. Exploiting this is generally ideal to safely fight a Metal Primid without sustaining damage from them.
- Rapid punch - Similar to Kirby's Vulcan Punch, this move hits multiple times and can trap Smashers. The number of punches never changes, so a player can attack from behind once it's started. While it deals barely any knockback, it can rack up damage very quickly, especially on higher difficulties.
- Triple combo - Similar to Mario's combo, a Metal Primid will punch, kick, and then follow up with a push, with each hit coming out rather slowly. The first two hits deal no knockback, while the third hit deals moderately strong knockback, enough to KO at very high percentages.
- Faceplant - Similar to Dedede's dash attack, the Metal Primid trips and slides forwards, with average damage and knockback.
- Smash punch - A Metal Primid's smash attack. This move involves the Metal Primid winding up and launching a powerful punch with strong knockback, the strongest of the Metal Primid's attacks. However, the wind up sequence is long, resulting in very slow start-up lag. This, combined with its short reach, makes it relatively easy to avoid. Despite its looks, it does not do fire damage.
- Spear jump - While Metal Primids can jump onto platforms, they can also crouch down for a second and launch themselves upwards while spinning, damaging characters with light knockback that are in the way. The Metal Primids jump at a slight angle when using this attack instead of straight up, in the player's general direction.
- Stomp - If a player is knocked down in the floor, the Metal Primid will jump and attempt to stomp them, causing damage and knockback. The Metal Primid makes a commemorative pose after the attack, even if it misses.
 Damage taken
 Trophy description
A Primid covered from head to toe in metallic plating. It cannot be knocked around with conventional attacks due to its hard and heavy nature--we're talking ALL metal, including the frilly feather on its head. On the flip side, the weight of the metal inhibits this Primid's movements. Like a normal Primid, a Metal Primid will also rely on hand-to-hand combat.
- These and Fire Primids are the only Primids that don't have the traditional light green colour scheme. Coincidentally, they both have an elemental power to them.