I would just like to point out
That the term "stock" refers to the collection of lives, not the lives themselves. So the way I see it, pretty much every instance of the word "stocks" in lieu of "lives" on this Wiki is a mistake. RickTommy 01:49, 5 January 2013 (EST)
- Everyone refers to them as "stocks", so no, it's not a mistake. Omega Tyrant 02:24, 5 January 2013 (EST)
- A majority saying something doesn't make it right. Loads of people call instrumental music 'songs', but they're not right. However, I expect we'll go with stocks to match the mass crowd. Toast ltimatum 08:48, 5 January 2013 (EST)
I'm expecting to get a SW:OFFICIAL thrown at my face after posting this, but I found this extract from the Smash Bros. Dojo interesting:
Your stock count, or the number of lives you can lose, is set for each stage. In single-player mode, each time you lose a life, you switch to a different character on your team and are revived as that new character until you run out of stock lives. (You choose the character order for your team members at the start of each stage.) In co-op mode, when either player 1 or player 2 loses a life, that player will be revived as another team member until your stock count runs out. But, if Player 1 loses a life after the stock count has run out, that’s the end! Player 2 is participating simply as an optional player, so be careful.
So it would appear that the Smash Bros. Dojo follows RickTommy's wording. Now, by all means, throw SW:OFFICIAL at me because Smashers use incorrect terminology. Toast ltimatum 11:04, 5 January 2013 (EST)
- "Now, by all means, throw SW:OFFICIAL at me because Smashers use incorrect terminology."
- Stop being an arrogant ass about this and get over the fact the Wiki uses common and well known terminology to not alienate the reader over obscure "official" terminology. The official terminology is no more correct in the Smash's community eyes, and your continued flagrant disregard of SW:OFFICIAL will continue to discredit your debating abilities (and if you have any future admin aspirations, it discredits your admin capabilities as well). Seriously, if you can't get over the fact the Wiki doesn't take "official" word everything else, stop commenting on these things, you're being nothing but a nonconstructive nuisance. Omega Tyrant 12:46, 5 January 2013 (EST)
- Grammatically, it may be incorrect, but I don't know anybody who uses the term "lives". Mr. Anontalk 16:15, 5 January 2013 (EST)
Should we add stock icons?
We should probably add the icons for every character’s stock throughout the series here. We could definitely rip them from the games if no one has already. Jackson (talk) 16:05, 21 December 2018 (EST)