About the piece of trivia...
I feel it doesn't deserve mentioning if it isn't the exact same pose, like Kirby does in his artwork for Smash 64 and Melee. Does anyone else feel the same way? Oh, and if you guys decide to keep it, would you replace "his" with "it", please? 22.214.171.124 22:02, 25 September 2013 (EDT)
It's a pretty minor thing, but I feel like we should get rid of the bit that mentions the new meteor smash on thunder supposedly allowing followups. I think that's much too speculative. Nymbare and his talk 21:09, 19 May 2014 (EDT)
- Meh why not, at least the tech chases should be removed. Dots (talk) The Medic 21:25, 19 May 2014 (EDT)
- Actually I think I will take it back, I personally think it would be nice to explain some possibilities with Thunder. Dots (talk) The Asian 21:28, 19 May 2014 (EDT)
- The meteor is placed in a spot that makes it hard to use. No need to mention situational combos.-- 21:36, 19 May 2014 (EDT)
Sakurai explicitly states it does that, and his image explicitly shows it happening. It's not "speculative", when it was flat out shown that Pikachu can directly combo from it. Omega Tyrant 21:56, 19 May 2014 (EDT)
- Sakurai did not explicitly say the cloud has a hitbox. Look at this gif. There is a hitbox NEAR the cloud. So it is speculative information the cloud has a hitbox. Also absolutely ZERO DI was present in that "combo" image. Up smash -> thunder doesn't even work in Melee. -- 22:00, 19 May 2014 (EDT)
- First of all, why the fuck are you linking a Melee gif on a Smash 4 page that it has nothing to do with? Two, did you even read Sakurai's post?
- "Pic of the day. Pikachu's Thunder now starts off with a thundercloud that deals a Meteor Smash! From left to right, you can see this combo starting with Pikachu throwing the opponent upward, Meteor Smashing with the lightning strike, and then directly attacking. Foes can dodge, of course, so the attack won't hit consistently, but when it does, it sure feels good!"
Final Smash SSB4
It has a change to it, though-a small ball of thunder appears ahead of it to show the actual "pivot point" and making it easier to move to where you want to go.126.96.36.199 16:38, 3 August 2014 (EDT)
I just wanted to say this.
Quick Attack cancelling is in fact in Smash 4. To prove this, there's a video of it on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HZRwWN7lHc Skip to 0:36. You can clearly see Pikachu using the move and jump right after. XChaos (talk) 20:40, 31 July 2014 (EDT)
Pikachu's Back-Air attack
It has a better hitbox, meaning it can hit opponents more effectively. You can easily see that in a demo. This should be added to his changes from Brawl. NeutralSmash24 (talk) 17:17, 2 October 2014 (EDT)
just saying shouldnt we add pikachu's "it" to a "He", it is confirmed Pikachu is male, it's not like Pikachu is an object, you even mention it on his general page. Sure it goes for all the other pokemon to be an it, but pikachu is definitely male. Thesupernintendokid (talk) 23:53, 2 October 2014 (EDT)
- The policy says that Pokémon are referred to as "it." Even when Mei Ling called Lucario a he, we still call him an "it." SeanWheeler (talk) 23:57, 2 October 2014 (EDT)
Changes from Brawl
This video displays Pikachu's moveset changes from Brawl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwfBmOF11_Y Fitting for this wiki. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Horace (talk • contribs) 14:16, 3 October 2014 (EDT)
- Also, Up Smash is stronger and Forward smash is stronger when fully charged. —Preceding unsigned comment added by SoloFrazier (talk • contribs) 21:41, 27 October 2014 (EDT)
The page says its up throw is near useless for comboing.I think it fits nicely for a Thunder, since the victim is thrown directly above, not to the side like its down throw will do. --Meester Tweester (talk) 20:46, 9 February 2015 (EST)
Shocking Bash sometimes deals 7% total uncharged rather than 8% (and 14% total fully charged). Exact #s not known. I’ve seen uncharged Heavy Bash deal anywhere from 0%-8% (sans 1%). Theroux (talk) 12:54, March 31, 2019 (EDT)