All of these johns are from this thread. Anyway, I think it would be better if we just had an explanation of what johns are and not an entire list. We don't really need dozens of examples, only a few. --YodaMasterZ 21:11, December 29, 2007 (EST)
- It is absolutely necessary. But it needs some serious clarification and expansion and should probably be moved to johns, as it is rarely used singularly. Maybe even to "no johns", or at least a mention of the phrase and its widespread use throughout competitive smash. --RJM Talk 03:12, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
Where I come from, there was a player called, "Jeff", who spammed Sonic's B move and never won, but often lied saying he did. He constantly gave excuses for losing, like his arm was broken, or he was eating something. One time he said that he couldn't play very well because his leg hurt. So, instead of "Jhons", we call them "Jeffs". —Preceding unsigned comment added by Cafinator (talk • contribs)
- Yeah, but majority of Smashers involved in places like SWF and AiB know it as johns. Whether or not you've heard of the term is irrelevant. Shade487z 17:45, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- By "John", they're giving the definition of the noun. "No Johns" could be a redirect though. 15:46, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
Is this page even necessary?
Honestly, I dont think that the meme 'No Johns' is necessary here, leave that for the urban dictionary or other meme related wikis. This meme is pretty lame and stupid just like the term 'n00b'. It shouldn't get mixed up with Brawl. To be frank, I dont care if a person whinges or complains after they lose. They can complain all they want, but they can't change the outcome or anything. --JezzaRuIes (talk) 02:17, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
- It's here because it started in the Smash community. I don't know where else it's used, but it's not necessarily a meme as much as it is slang within the community. Same thing with Space Animals. Shade487z 04:09, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
- If the section is deemed to be unnecessary, it will be removed from the article. If it's deemed to be necessary, it will stay. Saying "please don't erase it" doesn't help keep it there in any way. The information about it being used on friend finder websites and AiB is useful, but it should have gone into the Edit Summary when you added the section. PenguinofDeath 04:08, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
ok i dont really understand how to use Wiki's so sorry for the bad placement of my words.
- First off, sign your comments (Use four tildes at the end of your comment: ~~~~). Second, we're going to need more to go on than a one-line assertion. Joshi may not play anymore but he has been known prior, and we work on a 'once notable, always notable' basis. See our notability policy for more details. Black Vulpine of the Furry Nation. Furries make the internets go! :3 20:20, 8 May 2018 (EDT)