1. How do you get on a PR at any place? By having, as quoted by SW:NOTE, "some level of regional or national recognition". Regions don't put random players up on their PR.
2. Is a 25 man PR large? Yes, but that doesn't automatically mean all lower end placers were never notable. NorCal has always been a strong region, and having over 20 notable players at a time is to be expected.
3. Look at the time this guy played. It was back in 2006, where AiB didn't exist, and all threads in Smashboards from that time have been wiped from the public eye. Of course you're not going to find much on a player who only played in this time who wasn't a national level player. Omega Tyrant 18:29, 14 August 2012 (EDT)
- Looking through the history of the page, the main issue I had was that Geo's original claim to fame was being the "KGB Fixer", something whose meaning is unclear. I don't think that it's reasonable to have pages for all smashers on power rankings (see Smasher:KOKingpin for instance) unless they can prove notability for either being on or near the top of the ranking or because of other reasons. Mousehunter321 (talk · contributions) 18:46, 14 August 2012 (EDT)
- Yes, it is. To get ranked, you have to have achieved some level of regional recognition, which satisfies our notability requirements. And in regards to information, it would flesh our competitive coverage to be able to view a PR article and get a rundown of information for each smasher listed in the rankings. In regards to KOKingpin, Miles deleted his article, and Miles was notorious for knowing nothing about the competitive Smash scene beyond Mew2King and Ken, while deleting any smasher article that had a notability tag without ever doing the slightest of research (for example, he deleted Boss' article once). So using KOKingpin's deletion doesn't support deleting this article. Omega Tyrant 19:04, 14 August 2012 (EDT)
Another thing of note, Mousehunter321, why do you keep removing Category:American smashers? As you can see by clicking the link, the category is clearly in use, and this smasher is eligible. Toast ltimatum 19:11, 14 August 2012 (EDT)