From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki
Alright people, I've more than a few things to say about why I should be a sysop on this Wiki. First, I would like to emphasize some background about what I've done here over the past year or so: I've consistently made quality edits, making me familiar with the workings of Wikia coding, I've taken an active role in contributing within the community, commenting on policies, written some of my own, contributed content, I've worked closely with sysops on several occasions with important work, and I've started and completed several monster projects.
I understand that the most important section of this RfA is why I need the tools. Simply put: cleaning up. I am familiar with the important names in the Smash community, with the larger tournaments, most players with significant regional and national notoriety, and I am very familiar with the game itself and the particular universes thereof. Because of this, I've seen several recent projects that I could have aided in because of my knowledge in these respects, if I had only had the tools, like the post-merge cleanup, and now with the Smasher and crew page purges. Specifically, my request is because of the problems I have seen with this new project. I have seen many pages tagged for deletion and in some cases deleted that are notable and very important personalities, such as Vidjogamer. I feel that I need to supervise this project, because though I have the knowledge, I do not have the tools.
Up to this point, I have been able to fulfill my duties on this wiki without the privileges of adminship, such as commenting on policies, workings around the wiki, and various other activities. However, I think that this project, which I started and brought upon this wiki with the policy I authored, is not being performed as I would like it. I would lay blame on none but myself, and merely ask for the tools to improve this wiki and bring this project back on track. I also understand that there are other duties aside from this cleanup that I would assume as a sysop, and I would reassure everyone that I am well versed in the policies of this wiki, including block policies, deletion policies, and behavioral policies that I will need to understand and act upon with these privileges. Semicolon (talk) 02:41, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
Votes and Comments
- Support. Semicolon is competent, knowledgeable, active and smart. He has shown a high level of dedication to SmashWiki for quite some time, and he has provided more than adequate justification for his RfA, which is, in all honesty, rather unusual (there are very, very few people who can demonstrate that they actually need admin tools -- or even anything close to a need). I am confident that he will put the administrative tools to good use. – Defiant Elements +talk 03:14, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support — User can spell. --Sky (t · c · w) 03:17, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support As per Defiant Elements. Also, I would like to add that this user is active and very reliable. It is a crime that he is not already an admin. GutripperSpeak
- Support Mostly because I'm tired of him waking me up to delete joke pages at 2:00 A.M. lolz. DE for sriz bizniz. Clarinet Hawk (talk · contributions) 05:20, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
- Weak Support - Per Defiant Elements (good man), with the added fact that you can get a little upset over some things. Nonetheless, this was a quick request, and I think you may deserve it. Oh... and this is already showing that you're capable of handling such power. Blue Ninjakoopa 05:42, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support Per DE, and despite a rare (as in very rare) temper issue, you are way overdue for this post. Also, user can spell. Friedbeef1 Love 01:28, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support As per Defiant Elements. Even though its a very quick request, its a long overdue one. Toon Ganondorf (t c)
- Support. Troll troll is troll, I can't say otherwise. However, I expect you can handle yourself appropriately... --Shadowcrest 03:19, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support. Nothing against him whatsoever. Long overdue on his request. Besides, living with SmashWiki's (active) Bureaucrat is an advantage. Heh... MarioGalaxyMay Guthix be with you... 04:23, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support. You seem like you know what you're doing, and from what I've seen of your work you'd use the tools well. You make your cases with logical reasoning, but try to seem a little less troll-y, OK? Miles (talk) 00:07, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support Good contributor, has grammar skills, logic skills, and likes rice. - Hatake91 (talk) 01:58, 16 February 2009 (UTC)