Forum:Melee is greater than Brawl
From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wikiJump to navigationJump to search
I can name several reasons why Melee is better than Brawl. NOTE: The following, unless indicated, will refer to Melee.
- Requires less technical skill and prediction.
- The gameplay is faster, giving players more potential skill.
- Wavedashing and L-cancelling, combined with increased hitstun, gives characters more combo ability in Melee than in Brawl.
- More techniques.
- None of the attacks, specials, smashes, etc. cause significant hitlag, making it harder to DI.
- No tripping.
Short reason: More offense. Avengingbandit 11:54, 20 May 2012 (EDT)
- 1. Brawl is the less technical game, and requiring more prediction forces you to think more about what you're actually doing and forces you to actually read your opponent.
- 2. Why does faster gameplay give "more skill"? If anything, slower gamemplay gives you more time to focus on your thinking and give more prominence to the cerebral aspects of gameplay. There's more to it than flash and technical crap.
- 3. Do you actually know what combos entail, or are you just of the "oh, less combos = bad" mindset? Actually explain why more combos is better for the game, instead of just saying it has more combos.
- 4. Brawl has just as many techniques as Melee does, from the basic to the advanced.
- 5. Just why should a few attacks not be easier to DI? Again, you're just saying "oh this is bad", instead of actually explaining.
- 6. Going to beat this dead horse more?