From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki
- This article is about Diddy Kong's appearance in Super Smash Bros. 4. For the character in other contexts, see Diddy Kong.
Diddy Kong (ディディーコング, Didī Kongu) will be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. 4. He was confirmed on February 21, 2014, the international release date of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. This was the first time a character was revealed for an international release of a game as opposed to just the Japanese release. Like Donkey Kong, Diddy has more stylised fur than he did in Brawl. Like other veterans Diddy Kong's pigments are more prominent than they were in Brawl, with the visual sharpness of his red attire and brown fur increased.
- Diddy Kong's more elastic limbs stretch out farther in his attacks, which will give an apparent significant increase in the reach of his attacks.
- Peanut Popgun's explosion from overcharging will now have a very powerful hitbox.
- Rocketbarrel Boost is now able to move at more horizontal trajectories.
- Diddy's Up smash now forms in a fist.
- The following moves appear visually unchanged:
- Neutral attack (third hit)
- Forward tilt
- Forward smash
- Down aerial
- Forward aerial
- Back aerial
- Down throw
- Up taunt
- Down taunt
- Banana Peel
- Monkey Flip
In Super Smash Bros. 4, special moves can be swapped out for different variants, but Diddy's have yet to be seen. Diddy Kong retains all of his original special moves. These are Diddy's special moves: