From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki
- This article is about Samus's appearance in Super Smash Bros. 4. For the character in other contexts, see Samus Aran.
Samus (サムス, Samusu), one of the characters revealed in the E3 2013 trailers, is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. 4. Samus is confirmed to retain all of her Special Moves and her Final Smash, Zero Laser. However, she will not transform into Zero Suit Samus after using this move, and Zero Suit Samus will return as a separate character. Her design is now based off her appearance in Metroid: Other M, as opposed to the previous three games where her design was primarily based on Super Metroid and the Metroid Prime appearances.
- Grapple Beam is much faster and has landing lag reduced.
- Forward smash appears to have gotten much faster and now has a small fire charge that blasts out of it, similar to Mario's forward smash.
- Screw Attack now has more knockback.
- Forward tilt is much faster.
- Neutral aerial is now a quick kick in front of her and behind her.
- Charge Shot claimed to have "drastically improved" speed and power.
- Missiles have a new design and do not take as long to reach their maximum speed but otherwise have no obvious changes.
- Zero Laser is more narrow, and comes out faster. It doesn't break the Power Suit.
- Up smash deals drastically more knockback to the point where it can KO. The hits are also much closer together.
- Down aerial is now quicker.
- Samus now has landing lag if she lands while firing a missile.
- Charge Shot is now purple.
- Grab aerial now has two hits.
- Her down tilt produces much more intense lighting effects.
The following moves appear visually unchanged:
- Second hit of her neutral combo
- Up tilt
- Forward tilt
- Dash attack
- Forward aerial
- Back aerial
- Up aerial
- Screw Attack
- Samus retains the ability to wall jump.
- Forward smash
- Up smash
- Down smash
- Grab aerial
In Super Smash Bros. 4, special moves can be swapped out for different variants, but Samus has a few known variants. She retains his original special moves and her final smash. These are Samus's special moves:
- Orange: Based on the Varia Suit as it appears in Metroid: Other M.
- Pink: Based on the appearance of the Varia Suit of the original Metroid when missiles are selected.
- Blue: Based on the Fusion Suit from Metroid Fusion.
- Brown: Based on the Dark Suit from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.
- White: Based on the Light Suit from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.