From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki
- This article is about Samus's appearance in Super Smash Bros. 4. For the character in other contexts, see Samus Aran.
Samus (サムス, Samusu), one of the characters revealed in the E3 2013 trailers, is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. 4. Samus is confirmed to retain all of her Special Moves and her Final Smash, Zero Laser. However, she will not transform into Zero Suit Samus after using this move, and Zero Suit Samus will return as a separate character. Her design is now based off her appearance in Metroid: Other M, as opposed to the previous three games where her design was primarily based on Super Metroid and the Metroid Prime appearances.
Changes from Brawl
Being considered one of the worst characters in Brawl; Samus has been buffed overall, but also having a few nerfs.
- Grapple Beam is much faster and has landing lag reduced.
- Forward smash appears to have gotten much faster and now has a small fire charge that blasts out of it, similar to Mario's forward smash.
- Screw Attack now does more knockback.
- Neutral attack's second hit appears to have more vertical range.
- Zero Laser is more narrow, and comes out faster. It doesn't break the Power Suit.
- Up smash deals drastically more knockback to the point where it can KO. The hits are also much closer together.
- Down tilt appears to have gained more KO power.
- Dash attack's early hit deals slightly more damage than in Brawl.
- Charge Shot claimed to have "drastically improved" speed and power.
- Missiles have a new design and do not take as long to reach their maximum speed but otherwise have no obvious changes.
- Samus now has landing lag if she lands while firing a missile.
- Down aerial is now quicker, and appears to have a larger hitbox.
- However, it deals less damage, dealing 13% as opposed to Brawl's 15%, and appears to have a sourspot.
- Down smash and up tilt have been sped up. The former also appears to have strengthened.
- However, her down smash has less damage potential.
- Forward tilt is much faster.
- However, it deals slightly less damage.
- Samus' bombs, when used airborne, don't stop falling speed as much as in Brawl.
- Neutral aerial is now a quick kick in front of her and behind her.
- Grab aerial now has two hits.
- Her down tilt produces much more intense lighting effects.
The following moves appear visually unchanged:
- Second hit of her neutral combo
- Dash attack
- Forward aerial
- Back aerial
- Up aerial
- Forward smash
- Samus retains the ability to wall jump.
In Super Smash Bros. 4, special moves can be swapped out for different variants, but Samus has a few known variants. She retains her original special moves and her final smash. These are Samus's special moves:
Samus's regular trophy can be obtained by completing Classic Mode and her alternative trophy can be obtained by completing All-Star mode.
- NA: Samus Aran has fought her way across a variety of planets in the Metroid series. She wears a Power Suit designed by the Chozo, giving her incredible versatility in a fight. She can wade in, but she favors beams and missiles. A fully charged Charge Shot packs a serious punch!
- PAL: The heroine of the Metroid series, Samus Aran. Her missions take her across the reaches of space, and her Power Suit gives her immeasurable fighting prowess. In this game, she uses a variety of ranged attacks based around beams and missiles. When her Charge Shot is fully charged, it can launch foes with devastating force.
- Samus (Alt.)
- NA: Samus protects herself from overhead enemies with her up smash, Cover Fire, which can land multiple hits on anyone it connects with. Samus also fires a homing missile by holding sideways and pressing the special- attack button or launches a Super Missile by quickly tapping sideways instead.
Samus in the Nintendo Direct from April 8th, 2014.
Samus's appearance during E3 2013.
Samus charging a Charge Shot in the 3DS version of the game.
Samus firing a missile in the Wii U version of the game.
Samus dropping a Bomb in the 3DS version of the game.
The second hit of her neutral combo.
Samus in a new color change based on the Light Suit.
Samus as she appears on the 3DS cover