From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki
- This article is about Samus's appearance in Super Smash Bros. 4. For the character in other contexts, see Samus Aran.
Samus (サムス, Samusu), one of the characters revealed in the E3 2013 trailers, is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. 4. Samus is confirmed to retain her Special Moves Charge Shot, Bomb, and Missiles. She is also to retain her Final Smash, Zero Laser. However, she will not transform into Zero Suit Samus after using this move, and Zero Suit Samus will return as a separate character. Her design is now based off her appearance in Metroid: Other M, as opposed to the previous three games where her design was primarily based on Super Metroid and the Metroid Prime appearances.
- Grapple Beam is much faster and has landing lag reduced.
- Forward smash appears to have gotten much faster and now has a small fire charge that blasts out of it, similar to Mario's forward smash.
- Screw Attack now has more knockback.
- Forward tilt is much faster.
- Charge Shot claimed to have "drastically improved" speed and power.
- Missiles have a new design and do not take as long to reach their maximum speed but otherwise have no obvious changes.
- Zero Laser is more narrow, and comes out faster. It doesn't break the Power Suit.
- Up smash deals drastically more knockback to the point where it can KO.
- Down aerial is now quicker.
- Samus now has landing lag if she lands while firing a missile.
- Charge Shot is now purple.
- Grab aerial now has two hits.
The following moves appear visually unchanged:
- Second hit of her neutral combo
- Up tilt
- Dash attack
- Forward aerial
- Back aerial
- Up aerial
- Samus retains the ability to wall jump.
In Super Smash Bros. 4, special moves can be swapped out for different variants, but Samus has a few known variants. She retains his original special moves and her final smash. These are Samus's special moves: