"(most of them are unwilling to even try it before forming an opinion)"
This sentence comes off as opinionated and not very professional, or fitting for a Wiki.
The technical installation guide got shellacked and there's basically no solid instructions on how to do it, and I just spent my evening hacking it, so I'll post a how-to-do here from what I can piece together. I cannot, and will not, answer your questions with problems that arise, because I don't know jack about this stuff other than the bare bones dry how to do. Anything that someone else explains on their website will not be explained here. Deal with it.
A couple complicated steps:
3. Download the Brawl+ codes NOTE: Place them exactly in the specified locations in your SD card or it will not work.
4. Download Gecko OS from the Homebrew Browser.
5. Run Gecko OS and go into the config options and enable the SD cheats.
6. Run the game.
- Only took me 20 minutes. And I'm retarded with computers. .-. Shade487z 20:18, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
- Well, it's a lot easier when someone puts the steps in order for you and gives links to each explanation now isn't it. We, on the other hand, had to hunt through multiple websites and IRC's to find the right folder names and SD card formats to use. Basically, you lucked out. Clarinet Hawk (talk · contributions) 18:54, 29 April 2009 (UTC)
So doin it rong
The custom music/textures/characters stuff is file replacement, not brawl+.
- Textures-Standard file replacement, a code implemented in 4.1
- Music-it is permanent, and is also file replacement, added in the genesis build/4.3 i guess
- Moveset-Project Smash Attack-Is also file replacement, and none of these are strictly brawl+.
The only thing that would make it seem correct is the "includes file replacement" line, and that only references textures. All of these are file replacement, and none of them are brawl+ only. The article, however, makes it seem so.
Somebody fix this
- To use the Wikipedia line, "so fix it". There's already a Texture Hack article, and Shade said at one point he was working on a Music Hack article. If you want to explain file replacement as an article (which seems reasonable to me), you would be someone with the knowledge to do so. Miles (talk) 01:28, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
The brawl+ site and download page links are broken althought the other links works normally
Pit has a chain throw on some characters (0-death on snake)
Lex July 2, 2010
Out of Date?
I don't really see what's missing here. The mod ceased development before the tag was added and there's nothing major missing as far as I can tell. Nyargleblargle (Contribs) 19:31, 11 April 2016 (EDT)