Thrusting neck out there (blame this guy!). I know how to edit, I edit in an effort to improve the wiki, and am proficient in the variety of "other stuff to edit;" ie, skinning, as well as templates and tables.
I want the tools simply because my niche is not that of content writer, but that of content maintainer. My reports on IRC, which KirbyKing or Charitwo will confirm, have aided in blocking IPs which have decided they don't want to edit in a positive manner; having the tools would allow me to skip that step. There are protected pages which I'd like to be able to tweak with items and methods from other wikis (ie, Wikipedia). The delete button figures into this; I'm fairly certain I have a lot of deleted contributions, and would like to skip the step of tagging something for speedy deletion. Furthermore, I know how to perform history merges, which would be especially helpful in finishing off Special:Prefixindex/SmashWiki:Merge pages.
When dealing with other users in general (especially those which have the tendency toward the argumentative), I prefer to assume good faith on their part, and ask the question of "what's going on" to "hey you, stop." That said, if someone is editing on the border between "good" and "bad" edits, I'll bring another party or two into question to see if my assumptions are correct; if they are obviously editing in bad faith, I bring harsh punishment to the table.
With me, I bring experience editing and administrating WoWWiki, with over 15,000 contributions to that project, as well as some 2,000 deletions.
The only possible disqualifier I can think of (I'm sure there are more...) is that I have a low edit count. I would agree, my edit count here also seems low to me also, but feel free to peruse my contributions at WoWWiki to ascertain my ability to edit. Furthermore, Charitwo assures me that he was promoted with less contributions than I have currently, but that doesn't mean much to me, as he was promoted at a different time in this wiki's history, which means it had different needs.
For the tl;dr people, I think I'm a good candidate for adminship. Please don't just vote for me; vote for/against me with reasons also. --Sky (t · c · w) 03:54, 5 April 2008 (UTC)
- I vouch for pretty much everything said here, and edit count means nothing. It's quality over quantity. Support --Charitwo 04:10, 5 April 2008 (UTC)
- I Oppose. I need to see what this user is capable of and what he has fixed before I change my mind. Zmario 13:53, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
- Did you even have a look at my contribs? :) --Sky (t · c · w) 22:39, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
- I still don't agree. Most of your contributions have been to user pages. If someone can convince me I will consider it. Right now I am Opposed. Zmario 15:16, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
- I have exactly (ordered by number):
- 363 Template space edits
- 251 Main space edits
- 116 SmashWiki space edits (plus this one)
- 70 User space edits
- 63 Category
- 55 Template talk space edits
- 28 Talk space edits
- 23 Image space edits
- 19 Forum
- 16 User talk space edits
- 7 SmashWiki talk space edits
- 1 Help, Image talk space edits
- 0 Help talk, Category talk space edits.
- For a total of 1013 edits. Now, if that's a majority in the user space, I'm a bird. --Sky (t · c · w) 22:27, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
Support (why does everyone do bold?)Good job contributing :D!~CrystalLucario~ ~Guardian of aura~ ~Protector of the Sacred Crystals~ 15:33, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
And errrr... Zmario he doesn't have that many userspace edits...~CrystalLucario~ ~Guardian of aura~ ~Protector of the Sacred Crystals~ 22:17, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
Wow with these statistics I go with Support! Nice ;) Zmarioc 22:50, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
- Support If I can recall correctly, Sky did a good deal for updating and fixing the smasherbeta, as well as helping with good edits and clean up. Useful in terms of helping around the site! FyreNWater - (Talk • Contributions ) 03:49, 8 April 2008 (UTC)