From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki
Hello, I'm known as FyreNWater around the site. While I'm fairly new to the SmashWiki, I think I've made quite a few contributions to the site. I haven't done anything fancy like make templates, categories, or even make many new pages. However, I revert vandalism, clean up poorly-written articles, contribute to stubs, tag bad pages for deletion, and notify administrators of vandals. I've only been around for a few months, but I can see that there is a great need for authority to do something about vandals and the problems they cause. I'm on almost daily and see problems that I wish I could solve, like deleting joke/spam pages and banning individuals who have done nothing but vandalize. Now, all I can really do is notify the current sysops about vandals and tag bad pages for deletion. I personally have a list of bad users and pages. They've been untouched for at least a month as no sysop seems to have been around to do much.
While I haven't done any advanced things like templates, nearly all of my contributions have been reverting vandalism, tagging pages for deletion/clean-up, removing speculation, and rewriting articles to have a more professional tone. The most notable thing I did was nearly single-handedly revert about 200 spam edits Zoomer555 made using a bot.
I feel that if I were a sysop, I could clean up the junk that pops up around the site. My almost-daily visits mean that problems could be attended to soon after they arise. With the small number of sysops and the growing amount of junk showing up on SmashWiki, I feel that my contributions can help keep the site as vandalism-free as possible. FyreNWater - (Talk • Contributions ) 02:50, November 23, 2007 (EST)
- I would support based on the amount of malicious edits elsewhere on the Wiki that can be so much better taken care of if we had a regular and dutiful vandal patroller like FyreNWater given the extra buttons that come with the sysop position. More importantly, I'll trust that she possesses the one quality I personally think should be vital in all admins: That if she uses a sysop power to commit something clearly objectionable and is confronted over it, she will accept that she is in the wrong there and attempt to rectify the issue without clashing over it with those other users.--Erik, Lord of Universes 13:50, November 23, 2007 (EST)
- I strongly support. FnW's been working hard keeping vandalism, incorrect edits, and overall bad info off of the site. She seems to always be ready to watch the recent changes list for a sign of something gone amiss; and that's something we need in a sysop. I know that if given the honor, she'll take it to heart, and with full responsibility.--NeonCrusader 14:49, November 23, 2007 (EST)
- As stated above, FNW does a very diligent job at keeping the Wiki vandalism-free - a top priority for a sysop. Don't really have anything else to add that hasn't already been said. She's also got my support.--User:EPX2/sig 19:06, November 23, 2007 (EST)
- Along with Randall, FNW has my support. As mentioned above, she's done a good job reverting vandalism as well as cleaning up pages in general. Definitely responsible enough to be a sysop.--Janitor 19:12, November 23, 2007 (EST)
- I agree that SilverDragon706/FyreNWater would be a perfect candidate for sysop. She got rid of the needless speculation in the current Brawl articles. There are also countless times where she has cleaned up many vandilize pages -- whether it was a petty and obvious vandilism or a subtle one, she was always on the ball. Furthermore, FNW has put several people in their place and has helped them if they were new or did not understand the rules. All of these reasons plus her activity everday on this wiki makes her a perfect candidate.--The Magnum Master 21:04, November 23, 2007 (EST)
- I agree SilverDragon706 on being a sysop due to his hard work on SmashWiki and she spends most of the time cleaning pages and even on vandalism. Though my vote is possitive SilverDragon must get to understand that Banning is not the main answer for everything, everytime she goes along with somebody who is making a problem she says "stop it or u'll get banned" as if she'd be taking the choice: that would mean she would actually ban the user if had such privilege,I'd make her understand that Users have right to learn from mistakes and need time for getting into Smashwiki.--Zinnamon 12:07, November 25, 2007 (EST)
- hey, the users i want banned are the ones whose "contributions" are only vandalization. that or they've done it more than they've helped. i know warnings are available, as well as temp-bans. i would use banning as a last resort. we need all the user help we can get at this site! FyreNWater - (Talk • Contributions ) 14:20, November 26, 2007 (EST)
- Support Silverdragon has done a great job of removing speculation cruft and help maintain the SmashWiki community.--Magiciandude 22:03, November 26, 2007 (EST)
- I also upport her as a sysop, she is always removing vandalism and cleaning up articles, and removing any speculation.--Fandangox 21:09, December 14, 2007 (EST)
- Support I support FyreNWater to be a sysop. Judging by her edits, she has helped out the community time after time, so I'm all for her being a sysop. Plus, she's active!--(Lavaris 17:01, February 8, 2008 (EST))
- Neutral - I'm hesitant to decide on which side of the fence I lie, as Silver has a tendency to bump heads with people (I've been hit at least once). There are a handful of other users who are here in good faith who have tried to talk to Silver about their changes, but have been told they're wrong about what they're doing, rather than seeking help in talking with the users when (s)he couldn't get her/his point across. Still have to mull it over a bit more, I think. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Sky2042 (talk • contribs) 06:05, 7 March 2008 (UTC)