From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wikiJump to navigationJump to search
Hello all my Smashwiki friends. I am a vivid editor named Oxico and I have been hoping to gain sysop power since I came here. Some things I have done include editing all character articles by adding the Special Movements sections and heavily editing most movesets. I also have helped pick out and weed alot of, shall I say, faulty information in the articles. However, I have always wanted the ability to delete unneccesarry pages.
Though I may be young compared to other users who were nominated for Sysop, I have much desire to fufill this role. When I first joined last December, I thought the Wiki needed no help. It looked fine, and I didn't think my help was needed. I started looking through the pages, and I saw some information I had not seen anywhere else on one of the character pages. I looked every place where valid Smash Bros. information was, but could not find a good source to back the information. So, I edited it out and called it speculation. I did this to many different pages, and soon, I was an avid editor. When Final Smash information was leaked, I created many of the Final Smash pages. I also calculated the damage for every Final Smash. I also made sure all character articles were treated equally. they must all look the same way, to keep order. My crowning jewel, I believe is the Special Movements sections on every character's article in SSBB. The sections took me a long time, as I had to find out much information in other videos for On-Screen Appearances and the like. Most information on the On-Screen Appearance page and Taunt page.
Here is a link to show all my contributions.
--Oxico (talk) 03:07, 31 May 2008 (UTC)
- I Strongly Support He is a very loyal asset and i see him update evrything. He has gotten my vote! Zmario (talk) 14:47, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
- Neutral. While everything that Oxico has done has been quite good, I've only seen him working in very specific areas of the wiki. I also have not seen him doing any of the house keeping on the wiki such as marking articles for cleanup or labeling stubs. More of this would help his case, as would simply more editing in general. However, his contributions to character animations do show dedication and I don't feel that he would abuse the tools if he were given them. Clarinet Hawk (talk) 01:26, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- Somewhat Support. He did a lot of the technical stuff like damage percentages and codecs, right? I may not agree with his actual gameplay style, but he's done very well with editing articles, even if I can't think of specific examples at the moment. But I know I've been seeing his name a LOT of different places lately. - Gargomon251 (talk) 01:32, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- I Support. He worked very hard on the special movements page for each character. And he updates a lot of information a lot every day. Oxico would be a great admin. JtM (talk) 13:43, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- Extreme Support. I though he already WAS a sysop. Kperfekt722 (talk) 22:00, 12 June 2008 (UTC)
Oppose: Seems to want it just to have the tools, user has not expressed reasoning for actually needing them. --Charitwo 07:00, 13 June 2008 (UTC)
Support. I'm not saying that just because I'm his friend either. He really wants the power of sysop. You can tell he has great passion towards this site, especially once you see his contributions. He'd make a good sysop in my opinion. Go get 'em, buddy! - GalaxiaD (talk) 03:25, 16 June 2008 (UTC)