From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wikiJump to navigationJump to search
Although basically the same as Mario,
there are a few differences and quirks,
as he's not really the heroic type.
Luigi and Mario: a summary of differences
- 1: Body shape (= hurtbox sizes)
- 2: Jumping ability
- 3: Falling speed (horizontal, vertical, and dive)
- 4: Slipperiness
- 5: Colour of standard special move & flies directly sideways
- 6: For the up special move, the damage after the powerful first frame is 1
- 7: Down special move is one hit
- 8: Taunt pose
- 9: Dash attack
- 10: Strong down attack
- 11: Voice (Luigi's is higher, some lines are different)
- 12: Colour
- 13: Eyes
- 14: Popularity
- Some things such as shield size are slightly different, but omitted.
Choose whichever of Mario and Luigi you prefer.
Taunt (L button)
- There is a hidden hitbox in this taunt (on the foot).
- Its knockback is low, and it's hard to use in a match,
but if mastered...
▲I call this innovation.
Jump (tap up or press C)
- Luigi's jumps, compared to Mario's, reach higher
and fall slower.
- Although it's higher and slower, his horizontal air speed is low,
so horizontal distance does not extend much.
- Despite this, Mario and Luigi still
weigh the same, so their knockback resistance does not change.
Running brake (release stick to neutral while running)
- If you brake while running,
it can easily be seen how slippery Luigi is compared to Mario.
- Each character has a defined "friction",
that influences their movement behaviour. Luigi has the lowest friction.
Everywhere Punch (dash attack)
- Luigi's dash attack consists of throwing punches here and there.
- It isn't intended to be used too much, honestly.
It may fix a bad habit of relying on dash attacks.
Low Kick (strong down attack)
- A strong attack, Mario extends his foot while spinning,
while Luigi extends his foot straight out.
- Fast to put out, but no power. A move that should not be used much.
▲These are a little bit different.
Drill Kick (down air attack)
- Continuous aerial attack.
- If you hit a grounded opponent with this, then as you land
use Luigi's strong Fire Jump Punch.
- Try not to land too early.
Fireball (normal special move)
- Luigi's Fireball flies straight ahead.
- While it's easy to hit opponents with Mario's Fireball,
Luigi's Fireball finds it easier to block enemy fire.
Each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
- Power is the same as Mario's.
Super Jump Punch (up special move)
- High-risk high-return,
this move can become an important factor for Luigi.
- When it hits the moment it's used
it becomes a powerful Fire Jump Punch.
Its power approaches the Falcon Punch.
- It then becomes extremely weak, dealing 2 damage once,
and only producing one coin.
- On the ground, overlapping characters push away, so it's more likely to hit in the air.
- Although you could target fallen enemies,
note that fallen enemies take half damage.
▲This is the moment!
Luigi Cyclone (down special move)
- Instead of the Mario Tornado's continuous hitting,
this does a lot of damage.
- Again, this can be good or bad.
|Table of Luigi's moves
|Weak attack 1
|Weak attack 2
|Weak attack 3
|Continuous weak attack
|Strong side attack
|Strong up attack
|Strong down attack
|Side smash attack
|Up smash attack
|Down smash attack
|Neutral air attack
|Forward air attack
|Back air attack
|Up air attack
|Down air attack
|Normal special move
|Up special move
||Super Jump Punch
|Down special move