From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wikiJump to navigationJump to search
Kirby's a hard target for opponents to hit, but since he's light, even taking a bit of damage is a problem.
His attacks are fast, but they're hard to KO with because they're weak.
His Copy Abilities expand his repertiore. He can also fly...to a point.
- Fast attacks.
- Has a good and easy recovery, thanks to his flight.
- Small body is difficult to hit.
- Can copy an opponent's move.
- Attacks are somewhat weak.
- Doesn't have many KO moves.
- Has short reach overall.
- Because he's light, even taking a little damage is a big factor.
- Has slow special moves.
Taunt (L button)
- This lets you discard a copy ability you don't want.
- In addition, there's a 1/12 chance of losing a copy ability when getting hit.
▲The star popping out is the sign that you threw out a copy.
Flight (double jump)
- You can fly by jumping up to 5 times in the air. However, as you fly, each jump loses height.
- You get all 5 jumps back when you land.
- After the first double jump, you can fly continuously by holding up (or holding the C button).
- To get the best horizontal distance, instead of flying continuously, let yourself fall for a bit between each jump. Finding the right rhythm will get you far.
Vulcan Jab (continuous weak attack)
- Has the greatest reach of the rapid-hitting attacks.
- If you find yourself stuck in Kirby's punches, keep tapping the stick in a given direction to shift yourself that way (hit stop shift) in order to escape.
Low Kick (strong down attack)
Propeller Kick (down smash attack)
- These attacks hit at a very low angle. It's harder to recover when you aren't given a lot of height to work with. Some places are well-suited to dropping opponents low.
Screwdriver (down air attack)
- This attack hits opponents downwards, so if you can hit an enemy who's trying to recover with it, you can get an easy KO.
- Kirby can fly, so you probably won't self-destruct when trying this. But try not to be interrupted.
- Like with some other characters, you can try to combo with it as you land.
Swallow (normal special move)
- Inhale an enemy to trap them in your mouth. From there, you can:
- Move the stick backwards to turn around
Press A to spit them out
Press B or move the stick down to swallow and copy
- If you get caught by Kirby, you can try and escape by mashing buttons and clattering the stick. But this isn't likely to matter much.
- You can also do this to reduce the time spent as a star, if you are spit out. This is important if you're about to be dropped offstage.
- The spit star has high attack power. Once it hits an enemy, hits a wall, or runs out of time the spit character is freed.
- Copying the opponent shoots them up and back, and gives Kirby a matching hat. This move is then replaced by that character's normal special move.
- Kirby's hurtbox does not change based on his hat, even if it looks it.
- There is almost no difference between the copied ability and its original. Of course, since Kirby is short and has small arms, not all are exactly the same.
- A Kirby without a copy ability is basically "without makeup". (a Japanese idiom)
- You get nothing if you copy another Kirby, but if that Kirby has a copy, you can steal it. You can even take abilities from the Kirby Corps in the 1P Game.
▲Don't ask me how this works.
Final Cutter (up special move)
- A three-part attack that features a jump and a projectile.
- A clean hit will strike with all three parts of the attack. (maybe)
- It doesn't go as high when used in the air.
- It can be moved sideways slightly until you land.
- Careful: If you don't land, you'll keep falling forever!
- The move's projectile slides along the ground. It contours to slopes.
- It takes a long time to shoot the projectile, so somelike like Fox can reflect it easily.
Stone (down special move)
- Transform into a stone and become invincible. Press B after transforming to return to normal.
- When used in the air, it has a strong hitbox as it falls, but it doesn't have any hitbox at all when used on the ground. You only get the invincibility.
- However, you transform a lot faster on the ground. This makes it good for nullyfing strong attacks.
- You can't move as a stone, but you will slide down slopes.
- You are invincible during the transformation, but you can be grabbed and thrown.
- The transformation will be broken if it takes a total of 50 damage. The stone's colour changes as it takes damage.
▲A Hammer will break the stone in 2 hits.
|Table of Kirby's moves
|Weak attack 1
|Weak attack 2
|Weak attack 3
|Continuous weak attack
|Strong side attack
|Strong up attack
|Strong down attack
|Side smash attack
|Up smash attack
|Down smash attack
|Neutral air attack
|Forward air attack
|Back air attack
|Up air attack
|Down air attack
|Normal special move
|Up special move
|Down special move