SmashWiki:Requests for rollback/RAN1
Result: Passed by Shadowcrest, 18:25, October 14, 2009 (UTC)
Hello, my name is RAN1. Some of you may know me by signature RAN1domchupunch!!99, or simply by RAN. I've been an active contributor for my entire time here, and would like to request rollback status. I have a few reasons for asking for rollback status:
- I have been an active contributor to SmashWiki, and I have edited over 150 times (although I have to admit, only 60 of those were in the Mainspace and 40 were images; see here)
- I've been keeping on the lookout for vandals nearly all the time, and report them when they go too far, such as those who want to "rename" 'Puff Up' to 'Mofuckin' Big!'
- The vandals I encountered (including the previous 'Puff Up' one and this one) made multiple edits to a single page. Since I often check their contributions before reverting an edit, having Rollback status would greatly decrease the amount of work I have to do in order to revert their
atrocious vandalismrotten edits.
However, it is true that I have not been on this wiki for too long, since I have been on for less than a month. While I know that having a long contribution list and a long time with an account is normally not a contributing factor to RFRs, but still, if you oppose my request because of this or have any questions, please feel free to do so.
Now, that's my side of the story. What do you say? RAN1domchupunch!!99 03:10, October 14, 2009 (UTC)
- Mild Support. On the one hand, as you do admit, you're relatively new here. On the other I can't see any reason you would abuse these tools, and you have demonstrated exact instances in which they would have helped you, which is more than I can say for some other RfRs that have passed. Clarinet Hawk (talk · contributions) 05:56, October 14, 2009 (UTC)
- never been blocked; helps revert vandalism; active. (Also, I submitted my RfR only 18 days after creating my account, whereas RAN1 submitted his 20 days after - there is precedent for quicker submissions than this, so longevity shouldn't really factor into it.) PenguinofDeath 06:55, October 14, 2009 (UTC)
- From what I've seen, a good user. ☆The Solar Dragon (talk)☆ 15:51, October 14, 2009 (UTC)
- Agreed with the above Miles (talk) 22:10, October 14, 2009 (UTC)