SmashWiki:Requests for demotion
This is the page for administrators to request the demotion of other administrators and bureaucrats from power on SmashWiki.
Inevitably, as contributors to the wiki, we (regardless of an administrator position) will have disagreements. Simple disagreements are not what this process is for, so to avoid unwarranted discussions about a staff member's removal, only other staff members are permitted to submit a formal request for demotion.
Any user may lodge a complaint about any staff member with other staff members. They may do so by making a section on the noticeboard, emailing a staff member, or using the Discord server. That complaint will then be discussed privately among the wiki staff. If the complaint is found to be valid, a formal request for demotion will be launched, open to free discussion for all users. If not, the user who lodged the complaint will be notified of the decision.
Upon launching a request for demotion, the subject will be immediately demoted until the process is resolved, and the resulting discussion will decide if they should retain their position.
What makes a valid complaint?
- Excessive abuses of power including questionable administrative actions, a lack of willingness to follow consensus, attempting to control content, and so on.
- Breaking policies including personal attacks, excessive edit warring, abusing rollback, vandalism, and so on.
- Poor off-wiki conduct including slandering the wiki or its users.
- Discrimination of any form including race, religion, gender, sexuality, etc.
- For a list of all previous demotion discussions that ended with the subject's demotion, please see this category.
- For a list of all previous demotion discussions that ended with the subject's acquittal, please see this category.
Current demotion discussions