Forum:Kirby Super Star bias?
I doubt I'm the first to notice this, but doesn't it seems like Masahiro Sakurai biased Brawl towards one of his other games: Kirby Super Star? Evidence to support this claim:
- The only new Kirby universe stage is Halberd, based off of Kirby Super Star.
- Meta Knight, the antagonist in Kirby Super Star, is ranked first on the tier list. (I know this is the Back Room's ranking, but could Sakurai have given MK an advantage that earned him the spot?)
- There's a whole section comparing gameplay elements of the Subspace Emissary to Kirby Super Star.
- Both Meta Knight and the Halberd play major roles in the Subspace Emissary.
- Sakurai definitely biased the game towards the Kirby Series. There are many threads on Smashbaords about it. JtM =^] (talk) 01:38, 16 October 2008 (UTC)
- Duh. Made by the same people, of course the game's gonna be similar. Bias toward characters is a definite possibility, but there's nothing to prove it.–Entrea Sumatae 01:42, 16 October 2008 (UTC)
Because Bias is an opinion and you can only prove facts. Of coarse you can't PROVE that there is a bias. However you can BELEIVE VERY STRONGLY that he is ^_^. I have Kirby Super Star Ultra, and I BELEIVE VERY STRONGLY that Sakurai biased the game towards super star ultra. Not Only that but the fact that MK and DDD are in the high tier doesn't seem to strike me as coincidence. Also Satoshi (Old manager of Pokemon Inc.) was mentored by Sakurai so the friendly match Lucario VS MK must be a kudos to that. (LOL! did Satoshi surpass Sakurai in imagination... I know he didn't make ALL of the species but yah its funny how much more imaginative the student was compared to his teacher *cough*Kirby*cough*). Also The Fact that Master Hand Got Pwnt, must have symbolic meaning to that fact at there will be no more sequels to SSB. "The fall of the Manifestation of the Creative Spirit", yes that means something. I'm not joking, SSB was not Sakurai's idea, the true owner(forgot his name) quit because he was "...tired of working on sequels..." and he's not likely to sell the license, if anybody is making money off of his idea, he wants his share, and once the license is sold :p there goes a HUGE pile of cash he could have gotten... Lol how did I start this conversation :S? (oops, sry got carried away... again... :(... *sighs*) TheLegendTamer (talk) 16:03, 16 October 2008 (UTC)
Kirby Super Star was a great game for the SNES and probably one of the best kirby games (Besides the remake of it, Kirby Super Star Ultra) so I would think that he should use alot of the same features and gamesplay. Cree318 (talk) 22:46, 16 October 2008 (UTC)