From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wikiJump to navigationJump to search
I've never understood the entire concept of "counter-picks", and I probably never will. Which is why I have questions about what characters counter others. The list includes (but is not limited to):
- How does Peach counter the Ice Climbers?
- How does G&W counter Pikachu? (I think it's because of Oil Panic, but I'm not sure.)
- How does DK counter Meta Knight and Snake? (This one baffles me far more than the others.)
I'll do my best going point by point.
- Peach out ranges the Ice Climbers and can keep them away. That's all she needs. The ICs have pathetic range, and their roll is perfect into Peach's grab or dsmash.
- Neither were very good in Melee...and if this is about Brawl, G&W just has higher priority, knockback, and less lag.
- DK is actually not bad. He may be placed a little high, but he actually isn't that slow, and he his priority is stacked. I think it has to do against Meta Knight with DK decisively outraging MK with power, and out prioritizing MK's best moves. As with Snake, Snake isn't that good. DK is actually faster, heavier, has a longer range and an impressive roll distance for breaking Snake's unimpressive camps.
- Personally, I just figured it was more basic stuff. A fast character to counter a slow, strong one, a fighter with projectiles against a short-range one, etc. Then again, I rarely pay attention to counter-picks. FyreNWater - (Talk • Contributions ) 07:43, 21 September 2008 (UTC)