Sorting between-game changelogs by move if a move has multiple changes (let's say at least three) is the core concept of this proposal. There are several SSBU articles that already showcase this (such as Link's, Ganondorf's, and Bowser's), and it massively improves the readability of these articles. One can simply look for the "up tilt" header and read all the changes to up tilt in one neat package. The prior style just leaves everything in one big blob per 'type' of attack.
Being able to understand the changelogs easier is the main focus of this movement. I'd like to extend it to the remainder of the SSBU articles and then work our way back to do the same with the articles for every other game. The standard up until now is extremely ugly and eye-straining, as changes are haphazardly blobbed together, and I'd like to change that to something that looks cleaner and more professional, and generally easier on the eyes.
Here's what the articles look like traditionally:
- Forward Tilt has more damage and knockback
- Forward Tilt has a new animation
- Forward Tilt has decreased endlag
- Forward Tilt has a larger hitbox
- Down tilt has less damage.
- Up tilt now sends at a different angle
- Up tilt has greater knockback, reducing its combo potential
- Up tilt has new particle effects
And here's how I'd like to change them:
- Forward tilt:
- Forward tilt has a new animation
- Damage and knockback have been increased
- The move's hitbox is much larger
- Endlag has been decreased
- Up tilt:
- Now sends at a different angle
- Knockback has been increased, reducing combo potential
- New particle effects have been added.
- Down tilt deals less damage.
Examples can be seen in several current SSBU pages; and not all of those pages are changed by me. This will substantially improve the entire wiki's readability.