Category talk:Techniques (SSBB)
This could also be added.
What happened to Craq Walk?
I found out something for Peach where she can do a Ledge Instant Float Technique. (I made up the name, and I found Lifting a suitable name for it). To do this, you must have touched the ground once and not have floated yet. Grab the ledge, the press up to make Peach jump off the ledge over the player, but as soon as you press up you must press down and x/y to make yourself appear immediately on the stage in a floating position. This is a great way to get back on stage and quickly react with Peach. I spymoft (along with my cousins help) came up with this techniques name. --SPYMOFT 12:03, August 2009 (UTC)
- Lets see some videos... Clarinet Hawk (talk · contributions) 16:17, 9 August 2008 (UTC)
i forgot to say that, Lifting can also lead into a state where you can appear on stage faster, instead of holding down like you would usually do to float, you smash the joystick up to make peach jump, then down, then Y very quickly(don't hold Y) to make peach be in a standing position on the stage. this is much more helpful in certain situations:
- You want the opp. to be off the stage:
- You get the opp. off the stage. You attempt to edge-hog so their only hope is to get on the stage itself, however their up b has lag which allows you to grab them. So you quickly lift off the ledge, and before their lag time is up, grab and throw off and repeat until you feel ready to KO them. Doesn't necessarily work on all characters.
- You have more then 100% so when you try to get back on stage, but you tend to recover off the ledge slowly:
- simply lift off the ledge using the second Lift technique which cuts down the frames needed to get back on stage (however Edge hopping would be more recommended at 100% or greater)
- Well, it's a good technique with practical uses which puts it ahead of 90% of the stuff that's cropped up as techniques lately, so I don't see the problem with it. The only thing I question is saying that it's "instant." It still has Peach begin the ledge hop (yes I watched the vid) so it's not really instant, but it is a good technique. Clarinet Hawk (talk · contributions) 20:25, 9 August 2008 (UTC)
- I understand what you mean by not instant, but its a step up from her usual edge-hop or regular attacking from the edge. however, i have also found something by testing it, that instead of floating you quickly let go, you can appear in standing position and can use almost any move to attack quickly. I usually do L.I.F.T. into toad so, as soon as she touches the ground, and person trying to attack her gets spored. It has a very practical use for when you have less then 100% however after that amount you should use a regular edge-hop into an attack. but under 100% you can do some crazy things that can have a very low lag time.
I really hope I can make this become something new and used all around. I just want to be SOMEWHAT famous or something lmfao. >_<"
Someone really needs to make an article on the stutter step. Mario, the classic man of Nintendo
When Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Sonic, or Mario use their forward smash in the opposite direction they are facing the gain a considerable range boost with their forward smash. This can be also combined with canceling the initial dash animation for even more range; dash dance into a stutter stepped forward smash. Mario, the classic man of Nintendo